Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Mysteriouse orders from Amazon

Cars from ebay .

Someone i know bought a Willys Jeep on ebay pissed , then realised it was in Arizona . He did get it but incurred significant extra expenditure .

A 12 tonne russian military lorry off german ebay when in a hotel in singapore slightly over hydrated

Had to fly to germany to pick the ****** up

Coddlled eggs are rather nice.

Why do I suspect this is some kind of euphemism? I won't be googling for an answer, just in case.

Anyway, even more fun than drunken ebaying is buying random cheap shite from ebay and having it delivered to someone else.
It's better if you can do it with their account and money of course (but that'd probably be naughty so I won't confess to doing such things while the someone else was drunk and passed out after logging on. I certainly won't be confessing to ordering him a schoolgirl outfit, a box of lube, black tape and a hammer.)

Yesterday an Amazon parcel arrived. It was addressed to me and so I opened it. Inside was a rather nice oscillating multi-tool. Now, whilst I did want one, I had no recollection of ordering one. At the same time a parcel arrived addressed to my son. A few days later my son Skyped me to say that 2 packages were on the way. One was for him, the other for me. Well I never! He'd remembered my birthday and sent the multi-tool early to make sure I got it in time for my birthday which is on friday of this week.

Now I have a new toy to play with in my workshop.

I got within a click of owning one of these.
alvis-stalwart-amphibious-truck-91-et-45.jpg

Forty quid for a desk ornament and a couple of days to go so my pissed mind told me to sIeep on it.
It turns out there wasn't a decimal place.

Last edited:
Mahoooosive turbocharger for a Mercedes truck. I had a Carlsberg-fuelled idea to build a mega-boosted OM606 for my old E Class. Managed to sell it on, and finished up £40 to the good.

Microsoft Natural keyboard (mk1). Purely for nostalgic reasons.

Microsoft Kin mobile phone. A phone SO bad, it was only on retail sale for 48 days. I was really really pissed the night I bought that.

GooPhone (really!) i5, a Chinese iPhone 5 clone. Absolute rubbish, unusable. Jagerbombs was responsible for that.

Books are usually the things which turn up unexpectedly but recently had my neighbour turning up with parcels he'd taken in for me containing; a Peterson pipe; two shooting sticks; a bronze frog; and three flat caps. I gave up smoking ten years ago and I don't really wear hats. But I did turn 50 this year.
**** knows what the frog was about.

He does indeed. Last year he scored a magnificent pair of egg coddlers. What train of thought determines a man to suddenly think one day "I need a set of egg coddlers" I have yet to experience.
Not wishing to seem incredibly dense, but WTF is an "egg coddler"?
Is it like a dog jacket or similar?

It is normally a pair of ceramic or glass small pots with lids.
Depending on how you prefer them you can lightly butter the pot, crack in an egg, I then put a small knob of butter on top, add salt and pepper, put the lids on then put them into a pan of water to cook them through.

Getting the timing right for how soft you want the eggs is the hard part.

It is normally a pair of ceramic or glass small pots with lids.
Depending on how you prefer them you can lightly butter the pot, crack in an egg, I then put a small knob of butter on top, add salt and pepper, put the lids on then put them into a pan of water to cook them through.

Getting the timing right for how soft you want the eggs is the hard part.
Thanks, Porkers old chap. I honestly didn't know.
Scrambled, boiled, fried, poached and broken on kitchen floor is my limit.

It is like a miniature velvet lined bollocks bra - used to stop ones bollocks swinging and banging around like a pair of demonic clackers during enegetic fornication of the back doors type.

images

I got within a click of owning one of these.View attachment 219579
Forty quid for a desk ornament and a couple of days to go so my pissed mind told me to sIeep on it.
It turns out there wasn't a decimal place.
Anyone else remember the 'shaggy dog' story of the RCT driver who stole one of these during Crusader/LionHeart (insert own large scale ex) and made his bid for freedom across the channel? Urban myth, or strange but true?
You decide!