Myprotein - Getting Lean For Summer + 5% off first order!

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by MyProtein, May 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [align=center]Myprotein - Getting Lean For Summer[/align]

Building lean muscle is accomplished through the use of a progressive resistance training routine. Progressive resistance training simply means to implement heavier weights as your muscles get stronger.

As the body adapts to a given weight by becoming stronger, it is possible to increase the amount of weight you are lifting to further increase your gains. When you work a muscle by lifting a weight, the fibers in the muscle are actually damaged or broken down and the body responds by repairing the muscle and making it slightly bigger and stronger thus making it easier to perform the same work again. If the exercise is repeated on a frequent basis with increased resistance each time, theoretically, the muscle will get progressively larger and stronger.

It is a simple process, but there are many variables that can affect how fast and how much the muscle will grow. These factors include, but are not limited to, the following:

Nutrition: pushing the body hard with physical exercise means your body will require extra nutrients to help it function and grow. Ensure you consume sufficient macronutrients including Fats, Carbohydrates and Proteins to help your body grow and repair. You may also wish to consider sports supplements to push your training that little bit further. Creapure is an extremely pure form of Creatine Monohydrate which can have a huge influence on the production of lean muscle by increasing your ability to lift more weight.

Rest: make sure you’re not overtraining and attempt to have at least one day rest between exercise sessions. Overtraining can may actually reverse the effects of all the hard work you put in to your training and can even cause short term illness and stress. Try and aim for around 8 hours of sleep a night as your body does most of it’s growing when you sleep. Good quality sleep allows for greater recovery and improved growth. You can enhance the quality of your sleep and recovery process by incorporating Zinc and Magnesium tablets in to your routine before you go to sleep.

Intensity of workouts: to elicit muscle growth you need to put the muscle through a sufficient amount of effort. It is important to work the muscle hard enough to make it grow and adapt to the work it has just performed. You should set yourself a target of how many times you will lift a given weight per exercise performed. Performing 2-3 sets of 8-12 repetitions is ideal for building lean muscle and it is advised to try and work each specific muscle group between 1 and times per week. You should be able to perform these sets and reps before reaching a point of fatigue on your very last repetition. When you are able to perform more repetitions with the same weigh the muscle must be subjected to a heavier weight. After 4-6 weeks of the same exercise your should look to stress your muscle in a different way, this may include different exercises, more weight or even a different number of sets and reps.

Frequency of workouts: it is crucial that exercise is performed on a continual basis in order to ensure the body is always adapting to the stimulus of exercise. If you leave too long between workouts or if you have a large amount of time away from the gym, you are likely to lose the physical gains you have achieved. It is generally regarded that you will lose your fitness level twice as quickly as it takes you to gain it. A frequency of between 3-5 exercise sessions per week is regarded as a satisfactory range to work within.

There is no secret to building lean muscle, just hardwork in the gym, a good diet and plenty of rest. Combine all of these elements and you will have that cover model look in no time.

You can get 5% off of your first order online at by using the following discount code - MP104071

2. pretty interesting mate, thanks for putting it up!
  3. I take the Glucosamine Sulphate tablets 1000mg one (they look like canoes), What is the GH you are on about?. How much better than GS is it ?

Anything to help my knees would be lovely :)

edited for mong spelling
  4. Cheers for the rapid response m8. We have a Holland and Barrett in town, so i will take a pop down there later. As for the benefits, i have felt a difference in my knees since taking the GS, so a faster absorbed type will probably help me too.

Don't mind shelling out the few extra pennies if it does the job quicker. Would rather be poor and healthy than rich and crippled. :D
  5. From your research / own sources;

~ Would you recommend any other substances in addition to Glucosamine HCl 1500mg e.g. Chondroitin, MSM, Omega 3 etc., & if so ideally how many mg for each supplement?

Anyone; obviously I'll be searching on Google for price comparisons, though anyone have any recommendations for cheap (online) retailers of these products?
  6. I have used MyProtien a number of times. I have always found there products to have been of the highest quality, delivered quickly and cheaper than anywhere else.
  7. Though generally skeptical of most health & exercise supplements, I'm open minded towards substances that may enhance connective tissue repair / stave off the inevitable wear & tear on my joints from an active lifestyle. Other than self-limiting OSD in my left knee all my joints are fine.