Myleene Klass

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Chef, Jan 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I thought that would get your attention!

According to the Sunday Telegraph she was warned by police that she shouldn't have waved a kitchen knife at two burglars who were attemting to break in.

At the time she was alone apart from her two daughters.

Apparently it's still an 'illegal weapon' even inside your own home, makes you think doesn't?
  2. More PC B S someone in government should realy talk to the useless f***** that call themselves police
  3. Once again the stupid english police departments show what real stupidity is.
    and once again the english will moan and then do nothing,
  4. It's not.

Section 1, Prevention of Crime Act 1953, that deals with simple possession of an offensive weapon, applies to public places only. :roll:
  5. it's not just possession though is it she was threatening someone with it. Not that I agree with the police tough, if there in her home with her kids she should he able to defend herself by any means
  6. Fair enough, but that was it gaidin the paper, so itmust be true, :oops:

Seriously though, given that the police seem to spend a lot of time warning people off on flimsy pretexts it is not beyond the bounds of possibility that they did say that to her.
  7. Oh, I'm almost certain the police will have called her knife an offensive weapon. The law around all this is not as straightforward as it should be (there are endless debates as to whether a lock-knife is, by default, an offensive weapon. It's not.) There are possible offences under the 1986 Public Order Act, but there are specific defences there for 'reasonable conduct', as well as the general defences of 'self-defence'.

I suspect what's happened here is that the local police are, with some justification, keen to avoid people taking matters into their own hands. The drawing of a weapon by one party in an incident invariably leads to the situation escalating, usually to the detriment of the 'victim'. She was attempting to defend her property, the default police message is to not fight back except in exceptional circumstances. Frustrating, I know, to those who can (or think they can...) defend themselves, but the police message has to be set for the lowest common denominator.

I qualify all this by remembering that the media version of events is usually at-odds with reality.

They weren't in her house threatening her though, were they?
  9. I thought it could only be classed as an offensive weapon if you kept it with the intention of using it as a weapon. If, on the other hand, you were in the kitchen and picked up a knife that happened to be stored there then not an offensive weapon.

Still stupid in this case though - alone with her daughters she should be able to pick up a flamethrower to defend herself if somebody was breaking in.
  10. Good on you lass........anyone went near my kids they get their hearts ripped out with a fecking spoon.
  11. As a serving bobby if this story is true as reported; I hang my head in shame. But remember we didn't make the law, it was made by the gobment normally in response to some bleeding heart minority issue or other.
  12. thought it would be regarded as an expedient weapon in that context.
  13. It would be interesting to actually prove that there was an intent to wound or that she was actually 'threatening' someone with a kitchen knife in her own kitchen :roll:

Although Myleene Klass angry and with a pointy inplement, now that's sexy
  14. Not threatened with any old knife . . . . . . Threatened with a razor sharp and perfectly weighted Stainless Steel 8" Chef M&S Knife

15. What if she had picked up something else? A rolling pin perhaps?