• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Myleene Klass

I thought that would get your attention!

According to the Sunday Telegraph she was warned by police that she shouldn't have waved a kitchen knife at two burglars who were attemting to break in.

At the time she was alone apart from her two daughters.

Apparently it's still an 'illegal weapon' even inside your own home, makes you think doesn't?

Once again the stupid english police departments show what real stupidity is.
and once again the english will moan and then do nothing,

dogberry said:
Chef said:
Apparently it's still an 'illegal weapon' even inside your own home, makes you think doesn't?
It's not.

Section 1, Prevention of Crime Act 1953, that deals with simple possession of an offensive weapon, applies to public places only. :roll:
it's not just possession though is it she was threatening someone with it. Not that I agree with the police tough, if there in her home with her kids she should he able to defend herself by any means

dogberry said:
Chef said:
It's not.

Section 1, Prevention of Crime Act 1953, that deals with simple possession of an offensive weapon, applies to public places only. :roll:
Fair enough, but that was it gaidin the paper, so itmust be true, :oops:

Seriously though, given that the police seem to spend a lot of time warning people off on flimsy pretexts it is not beyond the bounds of possibility that they did say that to her.

Oh, I'm almost certain the police will have called her knife an offensive weapon. The law around all this is not as straightforward as it should be (there are endless debates as to whether a lock-knife is, by default, an offensive weapon. It's not.) There are possible offences under the 1986 Public Order Act, but there are specific defences there for 'reasonable conduct', as well as the general defences of 'self-defence'.

I suspect what's happened here is that the local police are, with some justification, keen to avoid people taking matters into their own hands. The drawing of a weapon by one party in an incident invariably leads to the situation escalating, usually to the detriment of the 'victim'. She was attempting to defend her property, the default police message is to not fight back except in exceptional circumstances. Frustrating, I know, to those who can (or think they can...) defend themselves, but the police message has to be set for the lowest common denominator.

I qualify all this by remembering that the media version of events is usually at-odds with reality.

Chef said:
dogberry said:
Chef said:
It's not.

Fair enough, but that was it gaidin the paper, so itmust be true, :oops:

Seriously though, given that the police seem to spend a lot of time warning people off on flimsy pretexts it is not beyond the bounds of possibility that they did say that to her.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/new...e-after-scaring-off-intruders-with-knife.html

was in her kitchen in the early hours of Friday when she saw two teenagers behaving suspiciously in her garden.

The youths approached the kitchen window, before attempting to break into her garden shed, prompting Miss Klass to wave a kitchen knife to scare them away.
They weren't in her house threatening her though, were they?

I thought it could only be classed as an offensive weapon if you kept it with the intention of using it as a weapon. If, on the other hand, you were in the kitchen and picked up a knife that happened to be stored there then not an offensive weapon.

Still stupid in this case though - alone with her daughters she should be able to pick up a flamethrower to defend herself if somebody was breaking in.

As a serving bobby if this story is true as reported; I hang my head in shame. But remember we didn't make the law, it was made by the gobment normally in response to some bleeding heart minority issue or other.

It would be interesting to actually prove that there was an intent to wound or that she was actually 'threatening' someone with a kitchen knife in her own kitchen :roll:

Although Myleene Klass angry and with a pointy inplement, now that's sexy

This defence of the home malarky needs sorting out.

I see nothing wrong with what has happened here. She was alone and with her children, whilst a bunch pikey mongs were in her garden. She didn't leave the house, she just showed that she was aware that they were there and that she could defend herself if they fancied their chances coming in the house.

Of course, I may be wrong. Bearing in mind I see nothing wrong with the actions of Mr Tony Martin and Mr Munir Hussain.

It is high time that this fine nation had a justice system as fine and beautiful as our sceptred Isle. ie scum get locked up and learned that acting like cnuts is not the way ahead.

There was a fcukin brilliant story in the news a while ago about a bloke who was awoken by noises in his garden during the night. Taking a look, he spotted two lads trying to break into his garden shed. Dialling 999, the police operator informed him that there were currently no assets available to attend, but that someone would be round when they were free. He was gobsmacked. Thirty seconds after putting the receiver down, he rang again to tell the operator that there was no longer any urgency because he'd shot them. Within a few minutes, there were 5 cars including armed officers along to arrest the burglars. When he was challenged with "We were told you'd shot them." His response was "I was told you had no-one available." :lol:

dogberry said:
Chef said:
It's not.

Exactly, and furthermore:

In this section “public place” includes any highway [F6, or in Scotland any road within the meaning of the Roads (Scotland) Act 1984] and any other premises or place to which at the material time the public have or are permitted to have access, whether on payment or otherwise; and “offensive weapon” means any article made or adapted for use for causing injury to the person, or intended by the person having it with him for such use by him [or by some other person].]
Her home was not a 'public place', unless she allowed scrotes into it on payment or otherwise.

Now on the other hand, if I used the keys to the outrage bus that I am currently clutching to gouge the scrotes eyes in a public place the 'article' [keys] may be considered to have been 'adapted for use for causing injury'.

chocolate_frog said:
This defence of the home malarky needs sorting out.

I see nothing wrong with what has happened here. She was alone and with her children, whilst a bunch pikey mongs were in her garden. She didn't leave the house, she just showed that she was aware that they were there and that she could defend herself if they fancied their chances coming in the house.

Of course, I may be wrong. Bearing in mind I see nothing wrong with the actions of Mr Tony Martin and Mr Munir Hussain.

It is high time that this fine nation had a justice system as fine and beautiful as our sceptred Isle. ie scum get locked up and learned that acting like cnuts is not the way ahead.
yes but could she? I wouldn't fancy Ms Klass's chances against a couple of pikeys if they were armed with knives - or even if they weren't. As it was 0045 I would guess her house was secured - rather than show them a knife it would prehaps have been more sensible to dial 999 and report a robbery in progress - especially as it was (reportedly) only her shed they were trying to break into. As usual this is probably the papers twisting a story to play on every householder's fear of intruders

Trans-sane

LE
Book Reviewer
dogberry said:
Oh, I'm almost certain the police will have called her knife an offensive weapon. The law around all this is not as straightforward as it should be (there are endless debates as to whether a lock-knife is, by default, an offensive weapon. It's not.) There are possible offences under the 1986 Public Order Act, but there are specific defences there for 'reasonable conduct', as well as the general defences of 'self-defence'.

I suspect what's happened here is that the local police are, with some justification, keen to avoid people taking matters into their own hands. The drawing of a weapon by one party in an incident invariably leads to the situation escalating, usually to the detriment of the 'victim'. She was attempting to defend her property, the default police message is to not fight back except in exceptional circumstances. Frustrating, I know, to those who can (or think they can...) defend themselves, but the police message has to be set for the lowest common denominator.

I qualify all this by remembering that the media version of events is usually at-odds with reality.
Very attractive young woman at home with only her her 2 daughters as company (and I'd be very supprised if the eldest is older than 4) when a pair of teenage scrotes attempt to break in. Seems pretty clear cut as an "exceptional circumstance" to me. EXCEPT that as a circumstance is seems depressingly common...

Latest Threads