ARRSE is supported by the advertisements on it, so if you use an adblocker please consider helping us by starting an Ad-Free subscription.

Myanmar, is it just too complex for some to understand?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Slime, Sep 13, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How was a peaceful rally a riot? The violence began when the extreme left thugs arrived and they laid into each other.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Coming from the precious crybaby who labels everyone who does not agree with him as a nazi? Oh dear.

I will however refrain from further comment towards maple before he ruins yet another thread.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Why are you toting XRW views as acceptable and 'mainstream?' I don't like XRW or XLW, you don't like one, but seem to favour the other.....that's OK if that's what you want, just don't pretend to be anything but a fan

• Show again braincell Show again braincell x 1
  4. I wish there was a tedious, repetitive bore button. You would be Top of the Pops.

• Like Like x 8
  5. The government claims are somewhat comical claiming that it is the muslims who are burning their own homes. I bet they are punching themselves in the face too.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. It's also a business opportunity, a floor wax and a dessert topping. It's Shimmer for SJW snowflakes!

7. Point of order, why do they write Antifa on their own banners if it's just a scare word used by the XRW?

They've been kicking off for months now but some only seem to focus on the one event where that other bunch of numpties, the Neo-nazis, killed someone.

Heavy Irony.

Awaits to be told I'm defending Nazis with that statement.

• Like Like x 2
  8. What I want to know is, why is his avatar allowed to hold THAT RIFLE?
    Standards.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash LE Moderator

When I was last at RMAS, we were all paraded in the Churchill Hall to be addressed by the great Nobel Laureate, whether we liked it or not. The Foreign Office had, apparently, decided that she needed to be filmed lecturing large amounts of officers and OCdts in order to provide leverage against Myanmar's military.

In respect of her father, a person we would have called a 'terrorist insurgent' leader against Britain, she came out with the line, 'It was not that we hated the British, it was that we loved freedom more.'

I was incandescent at this triteness, but we all had to grin and applaud the great Laureate. It made me realise how much the government sees the Army as a political tool to be manipulated for its ends.

• Informative Informative x 17
    • Like Like x 4
  10. Please show where he said that?

Always best to argue points people make rather than the ones in your head.

• Like Like x 2
  11. 'Rwandan genocide cover up' walts ;)

12. One of the reports showed some staged photos of one woman in a bright orange item of clothing with a tea towel on her head waving a sword around as "proof" the muslims were burning their own villages. Unfortunately the same woman was seen in the next non muslim village over.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

You bastard. I was pitching for that title.

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. He is a sad little man with a long history of throwing tantrums, making up things nobody ever said and calling anyone a racist for not sharing his views. He picks and chooses what people say and downright makes things up. Despite the fact I have said numerous times on here that I support the rights of both political extremes to say what they want to say he claims I am defending Nazis. He cannot and will not seperate the difference between supporting free speech and agreeing with the views of those people.

He is incapable of defending his stance on this issue and simply labels everyone as Nazis and refuses to return to the thread. This happens on every thread in the forum that involves a discussion about the far right.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
  15. What makes it a different case is that our fluffier types have spent years telling themselves that Buddhists are religious hippies and can't get their heads around them having their share of utter shits same as any other group of humanity.

Organised religion is about temporal control first and foremost. It's not exempt from the need for an 'Other' to define itself in relation to.

• Like Like x 13
    • Show again braincell Show again braincell x 1