My Undecided Role...

afatpigeon

Clanker
Hi guys, after going to my recruiter I wanted a bit more hands on info:)

Basically, I'm in a pickle. I'm looking for a trade from which will provide more variety to the standard infantry soldier, and on that is highly regarded. Yes, I've looked into the Royal Engineers and am highly interested in building structures on the frontline.

Any advice on what frontline roles and trades that when out on operations get stuck in you could say (which is what I love) would be appreciated. And some info about the role too! Cheers.

(Before I get moaned at I have talked to my recruiter about this, just wanted some more info so I know what I would be going into)

CQMS

LE
There will be no frontline roles and trades when out on operations for your future, you will not be heroically doing heroic things.

What do you want from the Army?

Boof

Old-Salt
People are so focused on what they are going to be doing when they leave but you may find as time goes on you don't want to do the same things afterwards that you want to now.

cymraeg

War Hero
Have a look at avionics tech or airframe fitter. I currently work for an aerospace co. And the fitters are on pop star wages mostly ex mil to.

Failing that look at the trades that are directly transferable to civ div. E.g vm, plumber etc

What intrests you? As there are a multitude if trades out there some less advertised than others

Agree with the bit about airframe fitter's money. I have a friend who did a big chunk of life in RAF Germany as an airframe fitter, and then went into the same work in civvy street. He then set up an employment agency 'on the side' for aerospace technical workers and engineers, which grew so quickly that he sold it up for gazillions after about 5 years an is now a wealthy gentleman of leisure.

cymraeg

War Hero
Agree with the bit about airframe fitter's money. I have a friend who did a big chunk of life in RAF Germany as an airframe fitter, and then went into the same work in civvy street. He then set up an employment agency 'on the side' for aerospace technical workers and engineers, which grew so quickly that he sold it up for gazillions after about 5 years an is now a wealthy gentleman of leisure.

Good on him
jammy hard working ******☺

Latest Threads