My tours been cancelled :(

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by bibo_boy, Sep 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've just come off camp and found out my tours been binned :(

This time I got full support from the regiment.... but looks like the Reg. sqn. I was going to had it's head count reduced.

This is the 4th time I've been told I'm going and this time I was even booked on Optag and had course dates.

This has put me in yet another awkward position at work as I tell them I'm off, and the news goes through management and HR. I'm worried this could effect my chances of promotion?

Does the Army think before doing this? It would have been nice if there someone would consider this and look for alternatives before just saying oh sorry....
  2. No chance of doing another tour around the same dates?
  3. msr

msr LE

It's a woeful state of affairs all round.

4. I was told that due to changes in the mobilisation process, chance of getting picked were low unless you wanted to do top cover and even that was limited?

The only other tours about are Kosovo (only 12 places from the whole Brig. and Cypress at sometime?)
  5. I can understand your frustration.

Although Im a regular I've had the rug pulled from under my feet on no fewer than 4 occasions in the last 4 years.

Speak to your CoC, they will understand your situation, and as devilish says, try and get on a tour roughly the same dates.

Your work may be a bit pissed off, but I'd rather have that than Mrs htb at me again. :wink:
  6. Cyprus next year, October I believe. 32 Regt are running with it.
  7. msr

msr LE

Just remember who is paying your mortgage...

8. I'm starting to think this is a non-starter and give up.

If the Army need me, they can call me up.
  9. msr

msr LE

Good call.
  10. See, theres your problem right there
  11. why dont you ask them to sort you a tour out or you wil hand your kit in the following week. dont be scared if that s what you want- becasue you l prob get a phone call the week after you quit.................................

let them sort it out

as for their being no tours, the infantry has shit loads

my LI battalion was 100 + ranks short last time they were there.. i dont think it has changed that much!!!
  12. I'm not an Inf. soldier..... my problem is how comparable are reg. RSigs jobs to TA ones?
  13. Neither is my mate who is currently touring a sandy place with RHA, he's signals too.

Trawl through the FTRS jobs and you will notice that a lot of roles are not capbadge specific.
  14. Transfer and become a will never be out of a sandy place then
  15. BB,

Check your PMs