Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"My stuffed seal gives me comfort."

Look on the bright side.
He IS observing lockdown.
As opposed to many other guardianistas, who are out protesting, and blaming the tories/G5/vaccinatons/global warming...
I do like the seal, though.
Would be a massive hit at parties ... as a sort of eskimo pinata. Large club, bottle of ketchup.

Look on the bright side.
As opposed to many other guardianistas, who are out protesting, and blaming the tories/G5/vaccinatons/global warming...
Would be a massive hit at parties ... as a sort of eskimo pinata. Large club, bottle of ketchup.
Nice Clubbing Man Walt!
(Now there's a blast from the past...)

There really is two world's out there, isn't there? The world where a grown man complains about being sad at Christmas but relying on his stuffed seal to get through it as he plants his Venus fly-traps, and the world the rest of us live in.

And yet The Guardian thinks he's the normal one and we are the strange weird types.

Speak for yourself. I am a strange weird type.

37ucv67i

War Hero
a grown man complains about being sad at Christmas
I'm a bit slow today, could you point out where exactly he's complaining about being sad?

“I’m in my flat in Battersea, I might go for a nice Christmas walk with a friend later and I’ve got an army of venus fly traps to plant. It’s a very different Christmas for sure, but I’m doing my best. I’m treating myself to some breakfast champagne, I’ve got my Christmas jumper on, I’ve got my tree up. It’s my mum’s birthday today, so it would have been nice to see her, but I’ll visit my parents once they’ve had the vaccine. My stuffed seal gives me comfort.”

Look on the bright side.

Just don't forget the Seals favourite drink "Canadian Club"

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
Just don't forget the Seals favourite drink "Canadian Club"
TBH I dunno why I gave you a funny, you granddrawcheatingfixerofraffles. It was funny though even if it was old.

Not sure if real or epic trolling:

James Fisher, 28, a journalist from London, will be spending Christmas largely alone.

“I’m in my flat in Battersea, I might go for a nice Christmas walk with a friend later and I’ve got an army of venus fly traps to plant.

“It’s a very different Christmas for sure, but I’m doing my best. I’m treating myself to some breakfast champagne, I’ve got my Christmas jumper on, I’ve got my tree up. It’s my mum’s birthday today, so it would have been nice to see her, but I’ll visit my parents once they’ve had the vaccine. My stuffed seal gives me

Well I'm outraged. Between bearded 'early Hampstead man' publically flaunting his cuddly toy and the 60 year old child in the same article complaining that his 8kg Waitrose turkey was too big, I'm beginning to realise what an unsheltered life I've had.

I wonder how a few 0130 block 'wake up calls' with attendant slaps from pissed up Corporals would have fitted into their Christmas lexicon?

Hopefully the Taliban don't get the Guardian read to them or they will realise that the recently encountered Brit's were not fully representative.

notwhoiam

Old-Salt
And people whine about lockdown.
There was a similar picture with a similar caption getting around by one of the Returned Services clubs around here.b

I suppose that I should be pleased that I have led a sheltered life. I had to look up "Sybian" on Google, and found an educational video on the relevant Wiki page.
I wish Mr Fisher good luck trying to propagate Venus Flytraps.

Link for anyone else with my lack of social awareness Sybian - Wikipedia
Yes, I thought it might be one of THOSE things. I had a pleasant 15 minutes looking for video on certain sites that explained its uses. :-D

xHamster Logo.JPG

Latest Threads