My Shrew or the TA

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Jerrycan2793, Mar 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auscam came up with a great idea of asking you lot what I should do.

Some of you may have read that my missus said no to me proposing.

Boils down to the fact that she doesnt like the TA doest fancy me going off to Hot Sandy Places.

Where still together after she said no but obviously it is a bit of a kick in the teeth.

The way I see it I have a few options

1. Jack in the TA and Propose Again
    2. Tell Her Ive jacked in the TA and Propose Again
    3. Jack her in and Propose to the TA
    4. Come up with some fantastically cunning argument as to why she shouldnt hate the TA

2. try hitting her.

3. msr

msr LE

Give her your bounty and she will be more than happy :)

4. Well if your 'still together' and she said no to getting married, Glasgow are not aware of your maritial status and will mobilise you if your single, married, divorced etc.

Or propose to someone in the TA like I did, and WE are now BOTH mobilised!!!!!

I personally would go for option 3!

stilts

PS, Mrs Stilts says bin her as well!

5. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Option 3

Every fcuking time mate.Or you could just cut your balls off now and hand them to her on a plate.

6. She would kick fuck out of me, If she didnt her dad would.

7. Or ask your PSI what you should do!

Stilts

8. option 3 if you like wanking or option 2 if you like sex :)

9. Exact words where, "You know I would love to marry you... BUT...."

We had a chat and I do like the girl obviously we have been together for a while and can appreciate where she is coming from.

The TA wont be forever anyway as im trying to join the civ pol (My local civ pol are not TA supportive)

10. Frankly mate, it sounds like you are teetering on the tip of the 'pussywhipped' wedge. She either Genuinely Cares About You, or she's playing a power game. If she disapproves of the TA now, who knows what else she'll disapprove of after you're hitched?

And WTF has her father got to do with it? It's your life, he's half dead by now, he should keep the fuck out of it.

Stilts' missus is right, I reckon.

11. Just point out to her that since she can not commit to a life of monogamy neither can you. Tell her you want an open relationship then shag her mum.
    Just remember she said no because she is holding out for a better off. fvcker her off and shack up with her best mate and watch her die of old age as a spinster.

I hope you can get your money back for the ring, if you got it from the high street it is only worth about 35% of the ticket price.

12. Ahh.....

As for her dad getting involved I can honestly say If I ever have a daughter and if someone hits her while im still alive I will kill them. Can anyone argue with him on that one?

13. msr

msr LE

Should have been "You know I would love to marry you... AND...." :)

14. my first, first mistake.....

my second, if you let her railroad you over one thing, she'll do it over everything.....

15. Agree completely this is a delicate situation I think because It will define how or if this relationship pans out in the future.

As I say the TA wont last much more than a few years because of my career aspirations so I would really like to leave on my own terms rather than because she has asked. The thing is she knows I know the TA isnt going to be forever and I think she is trying to use that! In all honesty im pretty certain she only dislikes the TA because it clashes with Orange Wednesdays :S Ive told her Ill pay the extra but shes from yorkshire