my shins hurt

Discussion in 'RAC' started by Cav_Tank, May 23, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a quick one folks i have started training again after doing a few years cermonial duties an my shins are in clip.

im ok tabbing its just running when they hurt an the pain will always get me in the end an cripple me to a hobble,i know the diffrence between my body warming up an the aches that follow with it but this is pain is not it.

i know i have put on a bit of weight since i joined an im slowy losing it but im not sure if its related or not ??

any help or advice is welcome (even take the piss if ya like cos god i have to lol)

2. Just a thought - are you wearing decent trainers when you run? Proper cushion support and not flat tennis types.

3. I got some flat trainers a while ago and have been running etc in them for about 2 months - ankles started to hurt in the morning, knees got aggravated, shins throbbing.

Changed last week into some New Balance running trainers, £60 so not bad, and literally within this last week it's all stopped more or less.

4. Sounds like a touch of the good old shin splints.

Try resting for a wee while from running, work on your upper body in the gym and use the cross trainer which is hard work but low physical impact on your shins.

Avoid road running for a bit and start bit of gentle jogging on grass when you feel up to it.

If you keep on ragging your shins they will only get worse.

5. Recomend you get yourself to a decent running shop and get them to sort you out a pair of trainers that suits your running style. You'll find it really makes a difference. (There are quite a few shops that cater to marathon runners, any of these should be OK.)

In the mean time, for shin splits, Rest, Ice, Compression and Elevation "RICE" (about 20 minutes at a time in the evening works for me).

6. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

CT

You might find it helps if you post Here

7. lose some weight "FAT BOY"..

8. cheers for the replies gents have taken the advice onbord

9. Bog spavin mate 8O

10. aww diddums, do your shins hurt? well ask some one to give them a little rub for you then you fcking tart.

11. Ibuprofen or what ever it was called, well thats what everyone got in the '80's anyway, cured everything but VD, heartattack and Cancer.

12. you mean my VD hasnt been cured??????!!!!!! ruddy medics.

13. Nope, you'll just have to keep taking the penicilin :(

14. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Just remember that suppositories are useless. You might as well shove them up your arrse.