my polish is cracking!help!

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by robot, Sep 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i spent ages bulling my shoes to practice for when i start basic training but then the polish cracked when i moved the leather. how do i prevent this?
  2. Your shoes aren't as rigid as issue boots. don't worry about it.
  3. To be honest, you can only really bull that part of a shoe/boot that doesn't 'move' as it cracks, hence the toecap area and heels get the real shine. Try getting a really good brush shine on the non-toe cap/heel areas and just work on the toes and heels with the bull. If you can produce a bull, you don't need to practices it, you'll get plenty of time during basic for that, get yourself out running and upper body fitness instead, a far better investment of you time me old bean!

Good luck :D
  4. I read the title and thought you were bigging it about your language skills. :D

5. quoting myself again

6. Glue your shoes/boots to a sheet of 3/4" marine ply using a two-part epoxy resin. Once the glue has dried, simply cut around your boots with a jigsaw, paint the plywood black to blend in with the original soles and voila, your footwear will be totally inflexible and no longer liable to crack.

Hope this helps.
  7. thanku. in reply i have been out running etc today and was bored so i thought id try and make my shoes shiny. i have a sad and un fulfilled life!thanku for your tips they are sure to help.
  8. If you're that bored, you could take some pictures of your funbags and growler and send them to me/post them in the Gallery?
  9. Czesc, jak sie masz. Mine's not so cracking.
  10. Bull boots? Arent there more important things to learn in Basic than that crap?? FFS any unit except guards shoulds have no need to spend aimless time bulling boots!!!
  11. genius, eh :?: :?: :?: :?:
  12. and I thought this was about Cracking Polish girls!
  13. So only the guards should have standards? Yeah good drills!
  14. No but there is more important things to do than bull feckin boots, highly polished is fine, why spend precious hours doing that when you could be learning some valuable lessons of real soldiering!!
  15. It teaches people to take a pride in their appearance. So let's chuck drill away too, after we could just walk smartly about the place.

In fact, since we spend most of our operational time in deserts lets just were those nice comfy boots all day.

As for dress uniforms they're just silly.

Hmmm you're not in the RAF by any chance?