My plea to fellow Muslims: you must renounce terror

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by armchair_jihad, Jul 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From today's Guardian

In full

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,,2115832,00.html

2. Well woopy ficking doo - aint hind sight great!

3. Well the guy makes some salient points, especially about communities facing up to extremism in their midsts and reconciling old Islamic dogma with a 21st century 'revised' perspective. Given that he used to be in an extremist group he's able to provider keener insight into the machinations of this vile and hideous blemish. He can give us a better insight and understanding than many.

4. Well if if I could be arsed reading all that I would make a very constructive and useful comment but as I cant I think I'll just go crawl back under me rock.

5. Cheers for that. Trying to get your post count up?

6. They could do worse than to study how European Jews just before, during and after the Enlightenment formulated strategies to intergrate more fully with the Christian communities in their respect states. Ideas that were eventually put into practice included serving in the armed forces of one's country when called upon to do so, even if such service meant the possibility of fighting other Jews and, where possible, reconciling modes of dress, language etc with those of their Christian neighbours.

This, remember, was after centuries of brutal oppression the likes of which the Muslim communities in Europe have never suffered and never will. European Jewry (with the exception of a few rejectionist and isolantionist sects) chose, in basic terms, that they would have better lives if they worked with their nations, rather than against them*. I hope the Muslims torn between moderation and Islamism make the same choice

(*Up until the Shoah, Israel etc of course. Not exactly normal jogging though).

7. You should talk, some of the sh!te you put up!

8. Oh so formal Islamic theology doesn't allow a separation between religion and the state - therefore they are justified in killing innocent people. To think there are people who were born in the uk, who benefited from its state support, education and health system; and can believe this shite. I believe in freedom of religion as long as its a religion of freedom.

9. Yes it is, and roll on the rest of those he associated with coming to that same level of vision.

The formulation of an acceptable marriage between secular state and law and the Islamic religion is by no means a guarantee that there would be an end to those who believe a war on all infidels is the only way to bring paradise to the world.

There will always be those believe that the law, as given by the prophet, is the only way, and that those who reinterpretation it to modern understanding are sell outs and, rather than be followed, they should be added to the list, thus making the country that gives them shelter and protection an even more dangerous place to be.

10. Well if young Islamic extremists buy and read the Guardian it will be ok then hey?

11. Stop blowing themselves up in public places. That would be a start.

12. Tytus_Barnowl

Tytus_Barnowl On ROPs

Start blowing themselves up privately, wholesale en-masse might be better.
    8) 8) 8)

13. This has left the territory of ideas open for radicals to claim as their own. I should know because, as a former extremist recruiter, every time mosque authorities banned us from their grounds, it felt like a moral and religious victory.

Now theres a surprise, however it does give a bit of hope that some do stand up to them.

14. TITS SAYS

Well if if I could be arsed reading all that I would make a very constructive and useful comment but as I cant I think I'll just go crawl back under me rock.

Why bother coming into the topic then, if you cant be botherd to read what its about!