My New Passport.

So applied for my new passport and used check & send from the post office.
Have been told 2 to 6 weeks wait, but have also been told 12 to 16 weeks could be the real timescale!
We all know there is a problem at the passport office so how long is reasonable to wait?
Fortunately no holiday booked until later October, will i get it by then??

Have been told 2 to 6 weeks wait, but have also been told 12 to 16 weeks could be the real timescale!
We all know there is a problem at the passport office so how long is reasonable to wait?

Are you some kind of congenital idiot?

Possibly have to (alleged of course), process the citizenship applications and passport applications of Johnny Foreigners and Foreigneresses, along with Mega-rich Oligharchs, Money Launderers, People Traffickers and War Lords who have oodles of cash to launder through the London Finance Houses.....

Yes.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
What do you mean?
Did you not know it's far more sensible to ask questions like this on Arrse instead of contacting the relevant organisation themselves.
I have!!
The post office have told me 2 to 6 weeks, the 12 to 16 weeks was via the newspapers.
Still waiting on email response from passport office as telephone call never gets answered!!

I still have to get a replacement passport - the local Embassy do not issue them... security security security... can't help thinking it is a lot of bollocks and connected with cost savings. B**stards. AND the cost for an overseas replacement is astronomical. B**stards. Wish I had taken Slovak citizenship when it was offered, life would be cheaper and easier than it is under the British Government.

I have!!
The post office have told me 2 to 6 weeks, the 12 to 16 weeks was via the newspapers.
Still waiting on email response from passport office as telephone call never gets answered!!
I have to give Roti a LIKE, you are a congenital idiot... telephone the CS!? ffs.

I have to give Roti a LIKE, you are a congenital idiot... telephone the CS!? ffs.
Have you not read the news you arse?
People are waiting as long as 45 minutes to get an answer when calling!
Feckwits like you probably only read the DM and dont understand the dire position the passport office is in!!

PPPPPP

Agreed my daughter and I applied for new Passports in April of this year and received them in in just over three weeks ... not required until August but we kept away from what we thought would be the peak application period .

Have you not read the news you arse?
People are waiting as long as 45 minutes to get an answer when calling!
Feckwits like you probably only read the DM and dont understand the dire position the passport office is in!!
Actually, I never read the DM. I live in another country... without a passport at the moment but just about to send the papers away and can wait for months... as long as I pay the bloody crippling fee. However, phoning the Civil Service? Tut! It is Friday night, take the missus out and just have a coffee, orange juice whatever and relax!

Good luck with your new passport!

bazzo

Old-Salt
Waited about 10 weeks for mine, applied in April and got it in June. They had a link to a web site where you could see the status, although not a great help as it only showed "waiting for application", "In progress" and "dispatched" so most of the 10 weeks showed "in progress" as status. I live overseas though.

Waited about 10 weeks for mine, applied in April and got it in June. They had a link to a web site where you could see the status, although not a great help as it only showed "waiting for application", "In progress" and "dispatched" so most of the 10 weeks showed "in progress" as status. I live overseas though.
That online status is a joke. I applied for a replacement for a stolen passport from overseas and it showed "waiting for application" until I phoned them to check (during week 5) and thereafter showed only "in progress", even after the nice DHL man had handed it over to me after 9 weeks.

I had a count and end of october is 4 months but 16 weeks is less than 4 months. So to answer your question - Lobster

I have!!
The delay, of course, having nothing whatsoever to do with having to stop processing applications in order to answer multiple phonecalls or respond to multiple emails from the same admin-vortexes who're insisting they need to work faster to compensate for their own lack of preparedness.

I despair of humanity sometimes, I really do. When did, "wait your turn" become illegal?

did mine 3 weeks ago and just got it back