My National Insurance Number

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by Coopzer, Nov 22, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As i'm 15 years , 7 months old and i can hand my application in now, but the problem i'm having is that i need to put my National Insurance Number down. I've been told its sent to me 1 month before my 16th birthday from my mates,so is their anyway i can get it faster?

2. Nope, you'll just have to wait. You're not 16 yet, don't panic.

3. Three months before your sixteenth birthday. You are then of School leaving age, unless you are a jock then it is thirty one days.

4. Wait for your little blue and red card then FELLA.

5. Write to them, they'll send you one on a computer disc along with about 25 million other records.

6. Just fill in your AFCO4 and leave the National insurance number blank for now, your recruiter will fill it in with a different format on the system until your letter comes through. Once you get your number on the letter or card through take it into your recruiter who will photocopy it. Dont wory till then as you are obviously year 11 at the mo and cant join till Aug/Sep 08 at the earliest anyway.

7. heheh :p

Apparently it's 2 disc's now, though im not even sure its only 2 :p

8. .
    Don't bother... It'll get "lost in the post" :roll:

9. LOL - you guys on the forum are so sharp :p :lol:

10. any sharper and they will cut themselves

11. I'm Irish I just passed selection & I've been told I can't start depot till I get a national insurance number, which is really frustrating because I live in Ireland.
    I rang up the National Insurance people & they said through a special system I can get it within a week but I have to travel to the UK to fill in papers
    Is there any internet site or way for Irish citizens to get through this easier?
    Thanks

12. Nope, you will have to go in person, due to obvious security issues. If you can travel to the UK, then do so, at least you know that its all sorted before xmas.