My names Carrots and Im a fat b*stard!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by smartascarrots, Dec 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right, I'm up to my neck in the annual search for the best mince pie available on the high street. So far, I've come across (I know, it's not that exciting!) a few good 'uns, but I've been disappointed by the large empty space under their crusts. What's happened to standards?

Anyway, what's the consensus? Who makes the best mince pies? Do you go for quantity over quality?

2. Bowmore_Assassin

Bowmore_Assassin LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Marks and Spencers...

3. Without a doubt, it has to be Greggs. Light pastry; deep, spicy filling and at six for a quid..damned good value.

4. Agree with you there. Lovely with a bit of fresh cream on top.

5. Should be banned. Bloody horrible things. If you're talking sausage rolls - now defo got to be reeves the baker. Yum Yum. I could live on them forever. May become a fat b**tard, but who cares - at least i'll be happy!!

6. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I think he is referring to the sickly fruit filled confection much favoured by ladies and homosexuals, rather than the piping hot gravy dribbling mince pies Greggs sell.

And Dicksons pork shop up Shields Road knocks spots off of the Greggs variety.

7. You are correct Duke, though how you knew I`m a Hom astounds me!

Spot on about Dicksons as well.

8. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I'd wax lyrical about the joys of a savloy dip with everything on, but lets not confuse the poor Southern shandy drinkers?

9. Jesus it feels like im home allready

10. Agreed!! It's Stollen cake you want, and wee sherry. Followed by 10 pints of Guinness.

11. I would agree with the Stollen but draw the line at sherry made from wee. :p

12. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Never have felt the same about Greggs after a flatmates bout of Jaundice, eventually tracked down to one of the nice ladies who merrily spread it to 10s of folks in Brunsfield, Edinburgh from the branch there. Shop was ripped for v poor hygeine.

:puker:

13. OH FFS. I'm off to the German PX this afto - I'm dribbling more than I usually do :twisted:

Its not Hom to eat Stollen is it?

14. ricksahw - dont worry about the dribble. It is a perfectly natural phenomenon for men to dribble at this time of year. Bloody GF/herindoors/shag pal/bitch or what ever put too much pressure on us. They want the world i tell you and expect us to drop every thing (including the pron) and help. They excpect bloody miracles. BOLLOCKS TO THEM. Dribble away my friend.

15. MIRACLES - help. they are only miracles to us men.