My Morning Routine

My Morning Routine

Blogg

LE
Morning Routines more accurate for me.

Variously have the:

1. Working From Home. Or what passes for it.

2. Working at some client site, which varies from waking up in the grot box hotel to relatively splendid and all that goes with them.

3. Travelling. Usually up at silly dark o'clock thence going through the motorway monotony, rail or air travel mincers. Sigh.

4.Office. Which is in London and means train and tube. Happily not a frequent event: as it involves a soul destroying process at either end with shit in the middle

Anything from home involves being barked and howled at just after sunrise until I get up and take the four legged sods out into the woods for a walk or as it is hot at present in car and down to lake for a swim.

Neither of which is a bad way to start any day really

(If anybody wants to sell me a book telling me I should be up at 04.30 for run to gym before downing a tripe and seaweed smoothie whilst structuring my day objective as part of my life plan followed by my first stand up meeting at 07.00, they can FO&D.)

Morning Routines more accurate for me.

Variously have the:

1. Working From Home. Or what passes for it.

2. Working at some client site, which varies from waking up in the grot box hotel to relatively splendid and all that goes with them.

3. Travelling. Usually up at silly dark o'clock thence going through the motorway monotony, rail or air travel mincers. Sigh.

4.Office. Which is in London and means train and tube. Happily not a frequent event: as it involves a soul destroying process at either end with shit in the middle

Anything from home involves being barked and howled at just after sunrise until I get up and take the four legged sods out into the woods for a walk or as it is hot at present in car and down to lake for a swim.

Neither of which is a bad way to start any day really

(If anybody wants to sell me a book telling me I should be up at 04.30 for run to gym before downing a tripe and seaweed smoothie whilst structuring my day objective as part of my life plan followed by my first stand up meeting at 07.00, they can FO&D.)
Your last sentence had me in stiches, I am amazed at the constant inventiveness of invective and barbed banter you can read on ARRSE, to add "FO&D" at the end, done it for me, sums up the whole post. A big Like.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
@A signaller

Firstly can I say the very good review of the book is by @goodoldboy I only posted it for him.

You are of a similar age to me and yet we seem to have somewhat differing viewpoints. I feel that I learn and profit from the writings and views of others, including the posters on Arrse, and that sustains me through the day. I don't see what you have against this book, designed to be somewhat inspirational.

I disagree a bit with your final sentence in that how people start and finish their days is often influenced by the actions of others, this book is aimed at helping people understand that and deal with it.

I am assuming that you have not read said book so your comments are not about the book but about yourself; fair enough, but slightly out of context!
The other difference is that you can put words together into some sort of semblance sometimes.

Sometimes, I said. Just sometimes.

NSP

LE
The other difference is that you can put words together into some sort of semblance sometimes.
May I enquire as to just what sort of semblance he puts words into, please...?

Having woken up, alive, for the past 68 years, and survived to earn a crust, provide for my family, enjoy my leisure time, pursue my hobbies and interests, and generally jog along quite amicably with he rest of humanity, I don't think reading a book on the subject, or adhering to any of its concepts will enhance my proven track record of living a full and worthwhile life. . However, reading about other peoples lives, can be rewarding, in so much as it does give you a perspective of how the rich and successful have either conned, stabbed, slimed and generally clawed their way to the top of their chosen profession, this is mainly business and all things political and money orientated.
The entertainment industry works on a different moral compass, Harvey Weinstein, & Jimmy Saville etc and their ilk being the exception, which is sheer hard work and dogged perseverance, mainly seen in the new generation of comedians. The horrendous sight of nil talent wanabees which inhabit reality shows do not count. Reading the history of people like Morecombe & Wise, Ronnie barker, Les Dawson and their generation, the Beatles and the now famous pop groups that emerged in the early sixties, all without fail had a hard and difficult climb up the ladder of stardom, all started their day not knowing that little by little, it would all pay of, handsomely.

You wake up, emerge into a virgin day, not really knowing what the gods will bring to your life, you go about your business with a resolve to return home in one piece, and a little bit richer, how you start is already mapped out, a routine that varies little from year to year, but in business, politics and show business, Today just could be the day your face appears on page one. Joe blow the blue collar construction worker, grocer, shop assistant, just wakes up and his day is "Groundhog day" and that is why reading the interesting lives of the people who make me laugh, invent useful stuff will always intrigue and fascinate. How people start their day, is immaterial.......... Its not how it starts, its how it finishes. END
Exactly this. No matter how I start my day [work ones at least] I know some scrote will by intent, ommison, negligence or accident do their utmost to fuck it up for me. It's how I deal with that and how I get to the end of the shift/day that matters - and sometimes it is a struggle.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
No. Semblance of what?

Maybe open a link and read the definition rather than just post a page of Google hits, eh?
semblance
ˈsɛmbləns/
noun

1. the outward appearance or apparent form of something, especially when the reality is different.
    "she tried to force her thoughts back into some semblance of order"
    synonyms:appearance, outward appearance, approximation, show, air, guise, pretence, facade,front, veneer
    "there remained at least a semblance of discipline"
    • archaic
      resemblance; similarity.
      "it bears some semblance to the thing I have in mind"
Or maybe this is better for you, it's on the same page:

Dictionary

Enter a word, e.g. "pie"

NSP

LE
Or maybe this is better for you, it's on the same page:
So, then - some sort of semblance of what?

Order...? The thing you have in mind...? Discipline...?

Your original sentence, adjusted slightly:-
The other difference is that you can put words together into some sort of semblance [of xxxxxxxxxx] sometimes.
Not to get bogged down in some petty semantic squabble over what was originally a throw-way good-natured jibe on my part but - well; it seems a qualifying word is missing.

Anyway, nice to see you're on the mend, old thing.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP
So, then - some sort of semblance of what?

Order...? The thing you have in mind...? Discipline...?

Your original sentence, adjusted slightly:-

Not to get bogged down in some petty semantic squabble over what was originally a throw-way good-natured jibe on my part but - well; it seems a qualifying word is missing.

Anyway, nice to see you're on the mend, old thing.
My humble apologies. Shall I send you all my posts prior to me posting them so that you can check them though for grammatical clarity, or are you far too busy scrapping with @Bravo_Bravo ?

NSP

LE
My humble apologies. Shall I send you all my posts prior to me posting them so that you can check them though for grammatical clarity, or are you far too busy scrapping with @Bravo_Bravo ?
Yep, you're definitely back to your old self.

:)

D

Deleted 24582

Morning routine...?

Get up around seven, get out of bed around nine (to quote some sort of contemporary bard).

Then it's the three esses, same as most middle-aged blokes I guess.
Must be nice to waste half the day in bed.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Ye gods that headline conjoured up some images, and not pleasant ones either. Your morning routines are really of no interest to anyone other than you and your proctologist
You jumped in quick to have a nosey though;)

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
one of those where reading the headline, I just couldn't resist.. I wanted to, I really really wanted to but..
I only had a quick look because I noticed it was in the book club and not the NAAFI.

Turned out I was rather disappointed.:slow:

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Exactly this. No matter how I start my day [work ones at least] I know some scrote will by intent, ommison, negligence or accident do their utmost to fuck it up for me. It's how I deal with that and how I get to the end of the shift/day that matters - and sometimes it is a struggle.
Just think on this, no matter how bad your day, you didn't get up with the intention of fecking up the rest of your life unlike some dimwit scrote or idiot who undoubtedly did.

Latest Threads