My Morning Routine

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Auld-Yin submitted a new resource:

My Morning Routine - How Successful People Start Every Day Inspired

Although an instruction manual interspersed with personal experiences, the joint authors have succeeded in making this an interesting and remarkably informative work which I enjoyed thoroughly.

The strapline of My Morning Routine is 'How Successful People Start Every Day Inspired' ; the whole idea being that any individual can, by changing entrenched approaches to their waking hours, set themselves up for a happy, fulfilling and productive day. However, the appeal of this book is not...
Read more about this resource...

Ye gods that headline conjoured up some images, and not pleasant ones either. Your morning routines are really of no interest to anyone other than you and your proctologist

Auld-Yin submitted a new resource:

My Morning Routine - How Successful People Start Every Day Inspired

Read more about this resource...
Having woken up, alive, for the past 68 years, and survived to earn a crust, provide for my family, enjoy my leisure time, pursue my hobbies and interests, and generally jog along quite amicably with he rest of humanity, I don't think reading a book on the subject, or adhering to any of its concepts will enhance my proven track record of living a full and worthwhile life. . However, reading about other peoples lives, can be rewarding, in so much as it does give you a perspective of how the rich and successful have either conned, stabbed, slimed and generally clawed their way to the top of their chosen profession, this is mainly business and all things political and money orientated.
The entertainment industry works on a different moral compass, Harvey Weinstein, & Jimmy Saville etc and their ilk being the exception, which is sheer hard work and dogged perseverance, mainly seen in the new generation of comedians. The horrendous sight of nil talent wanabees which inhabit reality shows do not count. Reading the history of people like Morecombe & Wise, Ronnie barker, Les Dawson and their generation, the Beatles and the now famous pop groups that emerged in the early sixties, all without fail had a hard and difficult climb up the ladder of stardom, all started their day not knowing that little by little, it would all pay of, handsomely.

You wake up, emerge into a virgin day, not really knowing what the gods will bring to your life, you go about your business with a resolve to return home in one piece, and a little bit richer, how you start is already mapped out, a routine that varies little from year to year, but in business, politics and show business, Today just could be the day your face appears on page one. Joe blow the blue collar construction worker, grocer, shop assistant, just wakes up and his day is "Groundhog day" and that is why reading the interesting lives of the people who make me laugh, invent useful stuff will always intrigue and fascinate. How people start their day, is immaterial.......... Its not how it starts, its how it finishes. END

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
@A signaller

Firstly can I say the very good review of the book is by @goodoldboy I only posted it for him.

You are of a similar age to me and yet we seem to have somewhat differing viewpoints. I feel that I learn and profit from the writings and views of others, including the posters on Arrse, and that sustains me through the day. I don't see what you have against this book, designed to be somewhat inspirational.

I disagree a bit with your final sentence in that how people start and finish their days is often influenced by the actions of others, this book is aimed at helping people understand that and deal with it.

I am assuming that you have not read said book so your comments are not about the book but about yourself; fair enough, but slightly out of context!

Doesn’t really fit in with most peoples lives. What a load of dog toffee.

Are there any more patronising offerings we can burn?

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
My morning routine I get up. Put the coffee on, drink my yoghurt. Take drugs. Fire up the iPad. Read the papers, emails, fix what’s needed. Turn on computers. Check everyone’s happy. Get second breakfast and look on here.

I have a shit around 0700, trouble is I don’t get up ‘till 0800.

@A signaller

Firstly can I say the very good review of the book is by @goodoldboy I only posted it for him.

You are of a similar age to me and yet we seem to have somewhat differing viewpoints. I feel that I learn and profit from the writings and views of others, including the posters on Arrse, and that sustains me through the day. I don't see what you have against this book, designed to be somewhat inspirational.

I disagree a bit with your final sentence in that how people start and finish their days is often influenced by the actions of others, this book is aimed at helping people understand that and deal with it.

I am assuming that you have not read said book so your comments are not about the book but about yourself; fair enough, but slightly out of context!

You are correct sir, I have not read it, and do not intend to. I take your point that some people may be influenced by its content, but you must agree with me in the premise, that people of our generation, who have already lived out their working days, raised a family, paid of their mortgage etc, and survived all that the world has thrown at us, would see this book in a different light from a 20 something young up and coming new citizen. Who will be more worldly wise that we were over 40 years ago, and might view the contents of the book differently to you and I.

Last edited:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
You are correct sir, I have not read it, and do not intend to. I take your point that some people may be influenced by its content, but you must agree with me in the premise, that people of our generation, who have already lived out their working days, raised a family, paid of their mortgage etc, and survived all that the world has thrown at us, would see this book in a different light from a 20 something young up coming new citizen. Who will be more worldly wise that we were over 40 years ago, and might view the contents of the book differently to you and I.
I would expect any 20 year old to view a book in a different pov from me, including the book I have just reviewed and the review I will be posting in the next day ort so. I would hate to think we all thought the same way! The Borg has arrived!?

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Doesn’t really fit in with most peoples lives. What a load of dog toffee.

Are there any more patronising offerings we can burn?
Probably your SJARs!

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Oi, I was promoted on every good SJAR I had.

It was the shit ones in between that let me down.
And such great works of fiction that they are now preserved in the Bodelian Library!

Wake up..whenever.
Fart.
Swing legs out of bed.
Fart. Just because.
Waddle to kitchen.
Fart. Be rude not to.
Watch kittens run off in disgust & alarm.
Watch all the poor Millennials destined for retiral poverty in 40 years start their nasty overpriced Euroboxes, off to work...again. Good job, bolster up my pensions you bastids.
Fart with smugness.
Drink coffee.
Into shower, and of course fart. Shower farts are ace. They have a gaseous nauseous aspect unique to them.

Last edited:
Wake up..whenever.
Fart.
Swing legs out of bed.
Fart. Just because.
Waddle to kitchen.
Fart. Be rude not to.
Watch all the poor Millenials destined for retiral poverty in 40 years start their nasty overpriced Euroboxes, off to work...again. Good job, bolster up my pensions you bastids.
Fart with smugness.
Drink coffee.
Into shower, and of course fart. Shower farts are ace. They have a gaseous nauseous aspect unique to them.
Thank you for being in Stirlingshireland,...... about 400 miles away from me.

Wake up..whenever.
Fart.
Swing legs out of bed.
Fart. Just because.
Waddle to kitchen.
Fart. Be rude not to.
Watch all the poor Millenials destined for retiral poverty in 40 years start their nasty overpriced Euroboxes, off to work...again. Good job, bolster up my pensions you bastids.
Fart with smugness.
Drink coffee.
No wonder you like driving with the roof down! :toilet::tp:

NSP

LE
Morning routine...?

Get up around seven, get out of bed around nine (to quote some sort of contemporary bard).

Then it's the three esses, same as most middle-aged blokes I guess.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Morning routine...?

Get up around seven, get out of bed around nine (to quote some sort of contemporary bard).

Then it's the three esses, same as most middle-aged blokes I guess.
Grow a beard and economise on one of the "S"s.