My missus, friends BF

While chatting with her in doors last night she commented on her friend who's bf has just returned from six months in afghanistan. She asked me being an ex regular why he is being deployed back out there after only a two week break. Apart from saying he must have a job where his skills are needed or that some tours last longer than 6 months I couldn't come up with much else. Any ideas from the modern bods.

he's alying toad who's on his toes up to his 'other bird' for 6 months!!

How long has he said he is going back out for? The previous 6 months would have yeilded many a grooming opportunity either on the internet, letters...oooh the options are endless. Perhaps he is now off on a round Britain fuck tour.
One sure fire way to tell. If he gets back and he looks pale and withdrawn, if he has a vacant stare and seems to lose concentration easily, if he wakes up sweating in the night and doesn't like talking about what he's done.............then yeah, he's been out fucking!

well all i know about him is he's in our army so not a septic, i believe he is a Cpl or Sgt and not in the infantry, possibly RE or REME.

spad

War Hero
since this is in the naffi,

I agree with all the above about him being on a sex tour :)

Most likely he is back in R&R and the timings have been confused in the re-telling.

msr

Most likely he is back in R&R and the timings have been confused in the re-telling.

msr
That is far too sensible an answer for NAAFI so he is either a walt or on the aforementioned fcuk tour post deployment.

Just had a quick word with myself...

So your missus' mate is she fit? Does she take it up ricker? If he's getting plenty, why shouldn't she?

msr

Last time I was in Afghanistan I bumped into a mate of mine in bastion, who was a bleep at EOD. He was due to fly home, after six months, the following day. A month later I ran into him again, and pissed myself laughing when he said his replacement had injured himself and he'd been sent back out after only two weeks at home to replace the bloke for a couple of months.

It still makes me laugh now thinking about the look of complete misery on his face.

Just had a quick word with myself...

So your missus' mate is she fit? Does she take it up ricker? If he's getting plenty, why shouldn't she?

msr
Attaboy...normal service resumed :D

Whilst most are lucky with only 6 months, as said above I've met guys who've ended up back out within a month and I've met guys who've been extended out to nearly 9 months. With Pre deployment, OPTAG, R&R and a long tour, you could find he's been away over a year, sad but true.

Last time I was in Afghanistan I bumped into a mate of mine in bastion, who was a bleep at EOD. He was due to fly home, after six months, the following day. A month later I ran into him again, and pissed myself laughing when he said his replacement had injured himself and he'd been sent back out after only two weeks at home to replace the bloke for a couple of months.

It still makes me laugh now thinking about the look of complete misery on his face.
That happened at 660 Troop several years back a lot of the time... come back from 6 months in Norn Iron and then have to do another 2-4 month'er a few weeks later as people hadn't passed the STT course.... great joy !!

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Or he could be TA and has asked for a back to back tour.
On the way back after Telic 4 there was an extra T.A. lad travelling with us
He had done back to back tours
Finished one - two weeks off and back out again

Why not if your enjoying it and Shiba and some of the camps were better equipped than some of he UK camps