My Local RBL

Me too for trying it once. As folks have said I was a bit surprised when I found that no-one in the bar had been near the military - ever... it wasn’t what I was expecting at all
Their heyday was when conscription ex soldiers used them and there wasn't much else in the way of entertainment.
Alot of social clubs have folded over the years.

As you said Felixstowe is to far. That's not the point I was trying to make, I've drunk in a few RBL
Felixstowe, Bovingdon, St Austal and a couple more I can't remember at the moment.
Bovvie recently took over a pub after doing it up. St Austal's I must admit, wasn't the hight of excitement, but it was mid week.
There are some good ones, but it finding them now days.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
A few years back when I was working for a well known pub chain, HO decided that each pub was allowed to have a collection box for another charity as well as the company charity which was, and still is, CLIC. I popped across the road to the local Legion club to try to get hold of a Poppy tin, as I explained that I was an ex squaddie and supported the charity, every eye in the bar area turned in my direction as if I had 2 heads, looking around, it seemed as though I was surrounded by never served civvies.

greyfergie

MIA
Book Reviewer
Rather like this site sometimes.
Yet.... every time we have a poll, or whats your last three, or whats your first three type thread most people have served. I know there are quite a few civvies on here but I welcome them - I 'embrace' them, I love their diversity.... if you prick us do we not bleed? I have to stop drinking