My Local RBL

This could well be the wrong place to post this.

I've recently moved and signed up for an RBL membership.
During the application the closest branch to me was Leigh in Greater Manchester.
However, i can find absolutely no trace of them. No address, no legion club, nothing.

If I'm the sole member of the legion in my area, which I doubt, then I might cancel the membership. I'm not having a schizophrenic AGM with myself.

Anyone here a member or know ANYTHING about the legion in that area?

Thanks in advance.

This could well be the wrong place to post this.

I've recently moved and signed up for an RBL membership.
During the application the closest branch to me was Leigh in Greater Manchester.
However, i can find absolutely no trace of them. No address, no legion club, nothing.

If I'm the sole member of the legion in my area, which I doubt, then I might cancel the membership. I'm not having a schizophrenic AGM with myself.

Anyone here a member or know ANYTHING about the legion in that area?

Thanks in advance.
There is one in Culcheth, which isn't that far from Leigh.

The Royal British Legion

Wigshaw La, Warrington WA3 4LY

The Royal British Legion - Google Search

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
The RBL need to update their branch list, according to them, there's 3 branches in my local vicinity. Two of these have closed down and the 3rd was demolished 4 years ago.

ugly

LE
I find the membership thing a bit of a scam, join the RBL, ok fine, join a club, where? Paying twice for feckall really!
It would be better if clubs paid a small proportion to head office of the subs.

There's some clubs left!?

I thought the policy these days was to sell them off for the capital receipt for the land.

At least that's what's happened to at least three RBL clubs that used to be local to me!

ugly

LE
There's some clubs left!?

I thought the policy these days was to sell them off for the capital receipt for the land.

At least that's what's happened to at least three RBL clubs that used to be local to me!
Ours went as did the ex servicemans next door, it survived for a while as a room on some weeknights in a local pub but eventually moved into an industrial unit on the outside of town. I suspect the local taxi drivers know it well.

I remember that but why join two clubs?
I suppose ones national, one is local.
Sqn subs, regi/PRI subs, Corps subs etc

ugly

LE
I suppose ones national, one is local.
Sqn subs, regi/PRI subs, Corps subs etc
The RBL isn't a very big employer, it should be able to cope without loads of paid staff. I can see why clubs disenfranchise.

The RBL isn't a very big employer, it should be able to cope without loads of paid staff. I can see why clubs disenfranchise.
I cant seem to find their staff totals on Google. I should imagine its several thousand at least.

ugly

LE
I doubt many are on a salary unless they are retired VSO's

I went to one in Oxfordshire a couple of years back, and it was almost completely devoid of anyone who’d served anywhere, and those that have were dubious to say the least.

Not my cup of tea at all.

ugly

LE
There are those I spose, tend not to consider them as they tend to generate income as opposed to bums on office chairs

Falmouth, Truro, Redruth & Camborne RBLs all gone

Most of the RBL clubs that survive do so by the skin of their teeth. That fees problem that originated in Haige House caused major problems. An awful lot of the clubs voted by their feet and left the Legion. The clubs are still there, their just not Legion clubs anymore. There used to be a club at Beecles but that's a social club now.
There is one club I know of that's a strong Legion club and has quite a few vet's drinking there. Felixstowe, I can highly recommend the place. Normally have a couple of guest real ales, entertainment etc.

Most of the RBL clubs that survive do so by the skin of their teeth. That fees problem that originated in Haige House caused major problems. An awful lot of the clubs voted by their feet and left the Legion. The clubs are still there, their just not Legion clubs anymore. There used to be a club at Beecles but that's a social club now.
There is one club I know of that's a strong Legion club and has quite a few vet's drinking there. Felixstowe, I can highly recommend the place. Normally have a couple of guest real ales, entertainment etc.
Im not trekking to felixstowe mate...