My Local Member of Parliament is a wanker!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Bushmills, Jul 1, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Competition:

Who's local MP is the biggest wanker?

2. all equally on a basis of wanker if they take the full pay rise and take the full holiday allocation i reckon. not a great start.
  3. Darren Heraty, 24, said he kicked Northern Territory CLP politician
    John Elferink - who was holding a press conference about violence - for
    a $200 bet. The Darwin Magistrates Court heard Heraty - an Irish
    national - was drinking with friends at a bar in the Darwin CBD when
    he saw the press conference being set up across the road on August 5. Mr
    Heraty's friends said they would pay him $200 if he touched Mr
    Elferink, who was appointed Attorney-General after the CLP seized power
    in the territory ending 11 years of Labor rule.

Irish man attacks Australian politician as he gives tv interview. - YouTube

I nominate this twerp, what a puff!

And a nutter!
  4. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

Mine - Peter Lilley - actually does respond to letters.

On the other hand can I nominate Nadine Dorries (incessant 'look at me'), Ed Balls (economic illiteracy) and Pamala Nash for being the both the youngest MP (elected at 27) and for having fcuk all experience outside of politics.

Pamela Nash - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

[Nash then inherited Reed's seat on retirement - courtesy of a woman only short-list].

All three of em give me a raging urge to vomit...

• Like Like x 2
    • Bullshit Bullshit x 1
  5. Mine (all of them, voted in or wannabe) are such complete and utter wankers I have airbrushed their names from memory. The fact that my home town is such a dismal, poverty and crime infested fuck-hole is evidence that none of them are good enough to lick the ever-present dog shit from the broken pavements, let alone the putrefying grey matter from the crushed skulls of drug dealers that I'd have on my boot soles if laws were different.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Get down off that fence and tell us what you really meant to say.
  7. James Gray, apparently friend of the Army, but not below taking happy snaps of wounded soldiers:

From Wikipedia:

2009 Afghanistan photo incident[edit]

In March 2009, Gray was a member of a cross-party parliamentary delegation to Afghanistan to learn about British Army operations there. During the visit, British service personnel demonstrated the process by which wounded soldiers are flown into Kandahar on a Hercules and transferred across the runway to a C-17 fully equipped with the latest medical equipment. The delegation was shown on to the C-17 and posed for photographs with the medical staff on board. The delegation was then taken back to the terminal to watch the incoming Hercules and the transfer operation. Members of the delegation, including Gray, took photographs of this operation from the distance of approximately 500 yards. The brigadier accompanying the delegation consequently requested that any photographs of the wounded be deleted. Gray and his colleagues were happy to reassure the brigadier that if there were any such photographs, they would be very pleased to delete them. It has been alleged that Gray used his camera with the intention of taking photographs of a wounded soldier.[8]

Following the publication of two articles in The Sun and Daily Mail, the incident was investigated by the Press Complaints Commission and Gray's complaints were upheld.[9][10]

Allegations of racism[edit]

In a House of Commons debate on 9 December 2010, Thomas Docherty, the Labour Member of Parliament for Dunfermline and West Fife said "On a point of order, Mr Deputy Speaker. I have given advance notice of this point of order to the Member in question. During Environment, Food and Rural Affairs questions earlier, Mr James Gray directed a racist remark towards my hon. Friend Mr Bain. What steps can you take to protect Members of the House from the racist views espoused by Mr James Gray, and will you now ask him to apologise?". Gray responded "Further to that point of order, Mr Deputy Speaker. I cannot imagine what sedentary remark the hon. Gentleman may have heard, but I am certain that had it been out of order in any shape, size or form, Mr Speaker, who was then in the Chair, would have picked me up on it. Further to that, as a Scot born, bred and educated, who never left the borders of Scotland until the age of 21, I think that unlike [Thomas Docherty], I have the highest respect and love for my native heath. I would never say a single word against it."[11]

Personal life[edit]

Gray married Sarah Ann Beale in 1980, and they have two sons and a daughter. The marriage ended in 2006, after it emerged that Gray was having an affair with a married woman, Phillipa Mayo, while his wife was fighting breast cancer.[12] This was brought to public attention by BBC TV's Have I Got News for You programme, broadcast on 22 May 2009, when the studio audience showed their opinion by booing Gray. He had met Mrs Mayo, then Director of the Countryside Alliance's pro-hunting campaign, while organising Conservative opposition to the anti-hunting bill. The affair attracted national press attention[13] when Mrs Mayo's husband, the barrister Rupert Mayo,[14] wrote to a local newspaper, the Wiltshire Gazette and Herald, "The irony is that I will not reap the benefits of Mr Cameron's excellent family-based policy proposals because one of his own MPs has ripped my own family apart."[15] The local Conservative association subsequently considered deselecting Gray as their parliamentary candidate,[16] but in January 2007, after a secret ballot of all local party members, decided to confirm him as the Conservative candidate for North Wiltshire.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. surely it just needs someone to unlock the obvious tourism potential there.
    • Funny Funny x 2
  9. "Northern Territory Attorney-General John Elferink says he will appear in court to assist the Government's appeal against a Supreme Court decision.

Mr Elferink was admitted to the bar in 2009 and is believed to be one of the first Territory Attorneys-General to appear in court in his capacity as the chief legal officer.

The appeal will be heard next year against a ruling which restricts relieving magistrate Sarah McNamara from presiding over cases involving the Central Australian Aboriginal Legal Aid Service.

Ms McNamara's husband is the organisation's principal legal officer.

Mr Elferink says he wants to be involved in the case as counsel assisting, because the Government wants to clarify the judge's ruling.

"I have committed to be an engaged and involved Attorney-General when it comes to the administration of justice in the Northern Territory," he said.

"I will do so on this occasion because I think it is right and proper that I take an interest."
    Elferink lends weight to Supreme Court challenge - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

What a knob!
  10. They are politicians, they are all wankers, no surprise or need to start a thread about it.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. A Northern Territory politician says he chased and caught a robber while on summer holidays in Adelaide.

Country Liberal politician John Elferink was at an Adelaide fast food outlet on Christmas Eve when he heard a woman shouting a man had stolen her mobile phone and car keys.

The Member for Port Darwin says he gave chase and collared the man in a nearby street.

The man is alleged to have punched the politician several times, leaving him with a bloody nose.

But Mr Elferink says he was able to restrain the man, and sat on him until police arrived.

"When he realised I wasn't going to let him go he punched me several times in the face, so subsequently I took necessary action to stop him from doing that and sat on him essentially until the police arrived," he said.

"I hit him back, basically, he fell over. The owner of the car keys assisted me in apprehending this fellow.

"The other fellow also received his injuries so it's now up to the courts to decide if he's guilty for assault."

Mr Elferink says people should be prepared to step in when faced with similar situations.

MP punched while making citizen's arrest - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

A bit of a pattern emerging here?
  12. I, too, have written to Mr Lilley on a number of occasions. On each occasion he (or, more probably, his lackey) has responded with a deeply unsatisfactory response - on one occasion completely ignoring the question posed. In his case, he's a reasonably good MP, but he needs to have a parliamentary kick in the arse (in the shape of a credible and viable opponent in the next election) to keep him on his toes and sharpen his appetite for serving his constituents.
  13. One win for the CLP has been the seat of Port Darwin, obviously a Darwin seat, now held by John Elferink. Elferink formerly held the bush seat of Macdonnell, until firmly thrown out (with a greater than 20% swing) last election by Aboriginal MP Alison Anderson). He was once suspended from parliament for threatening to "fucking smack" ALP MP Chris Burns, who had repeatedly mouthed "poofter" at him across the chamber, allegedly because of an account Elferink gave to parliament of a sexual assault he suffered as a teenager at the hands of an older man.
    strangedave: Northern Territory politics - selected highlights of the last several years
  14. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor