MY LIST FOR BASIC

DJRenegade

Swinger
Canoe Bags, are they worth buying for basic? I had a load of Exped ones when I was in before and they were brilliant, I was thinking of buying 3, 1 for bergan and 2 for daysacks and maybe a 4th that holds foot powder. But I dunno if the Army issues decent alternatives or whether I would be allowed to even use them in Basic?

Last edited:

therowley

Swinger
Did you bring an Iron eventhough it states not to on the joining instructions? Just wondering, as it is a bit odd not to bring one.
JIs been updated, now states to bring an iron as long as it’s no more than 1200W. Don’t think the power will matter however..

JNM

War Hero
Did you bring an Iron eventhough it states not to on the joining instructions? Just wondering, as it is a bit odd not to bring one.
I did, bought a better one though. Just be careful with high wattage ones though, don’t have them all in at once and if you can use the plugs that aren’t by your bed because they can’t handle as much wattage

Spookberry

Swinger
Does anyone know how much an Ironing Board is at Pirbright's shop? Coming over from Ireland, so I cant really fit an Ironing Board into my suitcase.

What? Room table with an OG blanket on top. Smear soap into you creases and buy 12 cans of starch for your wooly jumper pads....

Oh , sorry bit of a memory flash back.

Does anyone know how much an Ironing Board is at Pirbright's shop? Coming over from Ireland, so I cant really fit an Ironing Board into my suitcase.
What? Room table with an OG blanket on top. Smear soap into you creases and buy 12 cans of starch for your wooly jumper pads....

Oh , sorry bit of a memory flash back.

@Spookberry , what he said translation: Each room has a table, you simply place a blanket from your bed over the table and then use the table as an ironing surface..........it's the law in basic training.

Just be sure not to leave your iron face down on the blanket, it burns, it smells, you WILL have to pay for a new blanket.

Soap rubbed down the inside of the creases is good if you know it is not going to rain,............otherwise.

nofate

Swinger
20£
Do not buy iron board from the Pirbright shop. It is shit. When you get there order online good iron board to Pirbright camp

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
How long until you're in ?
You can get folding ironing boards from Troopers of Colchester.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
30th of June, so not alot of time left lol.
Speak to Simon or Trevor on 01206 511 268
They have inflatable ones that pack away tight too.

LongStride

Swinger
Hi all,
Can anyone currently in basic confirm the actual boot polish needed.
I got some mid tan ( parade gloss SMH) some weeks back but the kit list now says dark tan?
Also for the black polish is it parade gloss or normal?
Cheers

Hi all,
I got some mid tan ( parade gloss SMH) some weeks back but the kit list now says dark tan?
Cheers
We are all retired and will say kiwi black, sorry

JNM

War Hero
Hi all,
Cheers
You need black for bulling, dark tan for boots and some people use mid tan for a step when bulling.

You can use either but I have one of each in black

Years ago I got some "Lancashire" dusters, just the same bulling rags but without the yellow dye.

Latest Threads