MY LIST FOR BASIC

MadCid

Swinger
You can take it out of the £120 but personally I brought £200, just don’t go waving it around.

£48 for the tracksuit
£58 for the general items
£10 for haircuts
£116 total

Plus you’ll need some extra for polish etc if you don’t buy it before. You’ll want to go to the shop before pay day for crap anyway so taking a few bob more won’t hurt. Think the stuff I’ve bought so far is polishing stuff, trouser twisters, a lock knife, sniper tape (******* useful), pads of paper, foot powder and a fuckton of food.
Ok thanks. I’ve already got 99% of my kit list plus extras like twisters & paper. Just need an iron. Sniper tape? I’ve never been mentioned that before

JNM

War Hero
Ok thanks. I’ve already got 99% of my kit list plus extras like twisters & paper. Just need an iron. Sniper tape? I’ve never been mentioned that before
Olive Green Fabric Tape for Webbing Repair 5cm x 10m Scapa Genuine British Army Issue Sniper Tape
You can use it to mark up your kit cos it’s easy to write on with a marker, tape up loose strapping, tape your locker hangers so they stay a set distance apart etc

You should buy at least 2 each black and brown polish and 3 pairs of brushes as the new bulk kit purchase doesn’t include it anymore. At least mine didn’t a few weeks ago.

One brown for daily polish, one for exercise

One black for brush one for bulling
?

Hi, does anyone know can I wear white socks for PT? On kit list there is information to take socks sports kit. Can I wear white socks?
Will you not be issued socks?

MadCid

Swinger
How much baggage have people taken in? I’ve seen some with a sports bag & backpack and others taking a suitcase & sports bag

JNM

War Hero
How much baggage have people taken in? I’ve seen some with a sports bag & backpack and others taking a suitcase & sports bag
I just took a suitcase. You only have one locker for your non-issued shit remember so you don’t want to be taking the kitchen sink with you

Anyone got a list of what's in the starter kit that you can buy? Because I've already got quite a few things on the list so don't fancy buying the starter kit if it means I'm just duplicating half of the kit I'm bringing

therowley

Swinger
My kit list says iron not exceeding 1200w is that really a big deal?
Kind of, the reason it’s limited to 1200w is because if most the guys in your room have their irons all on at once it overloads the circuit, cutting the power. However, when I was there the majority of us used Russell Hobbs irons which are well over the 1200w cap... if over 6 of us ironed at once in the room the power would go.. so some of us just ironed in the hallway and the TV room. I’d say go for an iron over 1200w, I doubt they’d tell you not to use it, they didn’t with us.

MadCid

Swinger
My kit list says iron not exceeding 1200w is that really a big deal?
I’m here now. Me & some other guys have bought 2000, 2200 & 2400 irons. We were told to use the plugs just inside the main room, not by the beds as they’re stronger

I start phase 1 soon and was wondering if it's worth taking a laptop or iPad? I suspect I won't get much free time, if any, in the first few weeks.

Hopefully I won't run into too many Scousers if I do end up taking one.

JNM

War Hero
I start phase 1 soon and was wondering if it's worth taking a laptop or iPad? I suspect I won't get much free time, if any, in the first few weeks.

Hopefully I won't run into too many Scousers if I do end up taking one.
You can if you’d like? You’re right about the free time though you may get Sunday free and maybe a night or two every so often.

Depends if you can be strict with yourself and do your admin first.

1889dubs

Crow
Which style carabiner would be best? I’m guessing the snap clip due to less faffing around as you would have with the screw clip ones?

Latest Threads