MY LIST FOR BASIC

nofate

Swinger
Please could someone can advice me what is NHS card? On the kit list there is information "If you do not have an NHS card, speak to vour local NHS General Practitioner (GP)". I went to my GP but they not familiar with this. They do not know what is it. Please help

JNM

War Hero
Please could someone can advice me what is NHS card? On the kit list there is information "If you do not have an NHS card, speak to vour local NHS General Practitioner (GP)". I went to my GP but they not familiar with this. They do not know what is it. Please help
Ask your parents they might have it lying around, it’s really the number they’re after I think.

Ken M

Swinger
@nofate . NHS Medical Cards are no longer issued in England AFAIK. However, if you have been registered with a GP your record with the practice will show your own NHS number and this is what the Army want.

JNM

War Hero
Can I take hair clipper to phase 1 so I will cut my hair by my own?
Why? It costs £5 for a haircut, you’re likely not allowed and you’ll just balls it up if you do it yourself no matter what it looks like.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Under the Optional part, there’s a Pen knife. Should I take one with me just in case?
Yeah no problem.
Just remember the army term "pen knife" refers to the biggest saw-backed, hollow-handled death knife you can lift with one hand.

nofate

Swinger
How about stuff like washing powder? Is it provided? If yes, is it a limit to use it? Do I need to pay for it?

nofate

Swinger
Hi, does anyone know can I wear white socks for PT? On kit list there is information to take socks sports kit. Can I wear white socks?

JNM

War Hero
Hi, does anyone know can I wear white socks for PT? On kit list there is information to take socks sports kit. Can I wear white socks?
They give you kit and you wear what they tell you for each pt session, including ironing the t shirts that melt when you have it any higher than low.

JNM

War Hero
You should buy at least 2 each black and brown polish and 3 pairs of brushes as the new bulk kit purchase doesn’t include it anymore. At least mine didn’t a few weeks ago.

One brown for daily polish, one for exercise

One black for brush one for bulling.

JNM

War Hero
Can you elaborate on the cash needed for tracksuit. Is it taken out of the 120?
You can take it out of the £120 but personally I brought £200, just don’t go waving it around.

£48 for the tracksuit
£58 for the general items
£10 for haircuts
£116 total

Plus you’ll need some extra for polish etc if you don’t buy it before. You’ll want to go to the shop before pay day for crap anyway so taking a few bob more won’t hurt. Think the stuff I’ve bought so far is polishing stuff, trouser twisters, a lock knife, sniper tape (******* useful), pads of paper, foot powder and a fuckton of food.

Last edited:

Latest Threads