"My life is in danger"

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by DesktopCommando, Dec 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I don't know who I detest more Assange, His computer hacking terroist buddies or the stupid Rich and famous who paid for his bail.

2. What?

He managed to release old info that generally stated that the US thinks the rest of the world are a bunch of *****

Like people had not guessed.

Plus its not like its top secret. The people who may do the killing were probably not short of targets anyway they are also fairly bad tempered so its not like this made then anymore mad.

Seems that he main crime is embarrassing the US diplomatic service

3. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Exactly. No shocks in what he did. And its just sour grapes from the Septics. The fact they let an emotional drama queen like Bradley Manning near highly sensitive information is something they should be more concerned about.

4. Just shows how naieve/stupid he is. What did he really think would happen taking on the spams who are well known not to have much of a sense of humour regarding "Homeland security" and the combined embarassment factor. Should have thought about this first, although some of it is interesting, and the diplomats or spys are at least passing back common sense reports. The bits i have heard anyway. Like my old man used to say engage brain before operating mouth.i

5. If the Septics wanted to kill him, he'd be dead. They'll obviously settle for fitting him up, wrecking his finances and possibly throwing him in jail, either in Sweden or the US.

Big boys games, big boys rules.

6. I have to agree with WW a bit on this one however having an assination on British soil would raise some serious questions since the Russian incident, besides as were all aware the idiot has two country's attention so it's be interesting to see who actually succeeds,

it'll be interesting to see how this develops but IIRC only about 31 (roughly) files out of 250 have been released according to his brief mr stephens so it's very early days..

7. The man is a mong what grips me the most are all the celebs paying his bail I would love to see faces if he does go down for rape

8. I agree he's a mong but if these so called celebs and journo's want to waste theirs and editors money i could'nt give a toss, mind you the website has plenty of journo's working for him even though assange states he's only got about 20 fulltime staff however the article below differs from that figure

Now Wikileaks suffers its own leaks - Telegraph

9. ah the tax man now he is stuffed

10. Command_doh

It would be lunacy to assassinate someone that high profile, at least immediately. All fingers would point at them, and their facade of 'international policeman' would disappear instantly. There are far more effective long term methods of achieving their goal, even if they fail now.

Only the Russians would be stupid enough to kill someone high profile. All the time. Especially if they are a journalist.

11. Perhaps I did not make myself clear: I was attempting to point out that if the Americans wanted to kill him, and thought it was worth the resulting political mess, he would be dead. He's not in danger simply because he's not worth killing at the moment.

If, on the other hand, he releases any documents that seriously embarrasses the Russians, Putin will probably fly over and personally slit his throat...

12. Command_doh

The fallout from the 'exploding cigar', syringes and the campaign of sabotage & terrorism against Cuba/trying to kill Castro was immense for the CIA. maybe my memory is failing me, but as the 'good guys', I can't remember the last time they killed someone high profile and plastered all over the media who wasn't a declared terrorist, war criminal or enemy of the state in conventional sense. Besides, even in the dark old days they used proxies. If they killed him, it will be a long way down the line and done by a third party.

There is absolutely no way they would kill him now, even if they wanted it like a 12 year old wanted to **** his 18 year old babysitter.

13. No-ones going to kill him. Assange got a bit too big for himself, now he's got to pay the piper.

The loony-loveys backing his bail don't appear to realise that if any of the dirt that he dished involved them, they'd have got it as well.

When the malcontent from the US blabbed to him about having "secrets" Assange should have switched on and returned the info to it's original owner, but no, his grubby journo instincts kicked in, he thought he had all the answers, including a little bit of blackmail topcover for an "insurance policy" and went into publish and be damned mode.

F*cking nice one, Sherlock.

14. Celebs dont do morals see the support Roman Polanski has.