My legacy.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Book Reviewer
Does that mean that nows a good time to stick some money in it because it will go up again? :)
I'm the last person to take advice from!

But, I'm not drawing down on my losses. After having 11 coins and lost £20 on each. They're worth only £2.60 each now, so I'm staying in, but I'll be buggered if I put any fresh money in.

Bitcoin rules the currency and that has dropped 40% since November 2021 and because nearly all Crypto is linked in someway to that, it all falls down. Well most of it does and trying to find a winner is impossible.

Some coins are worth 0.0006 pence and I can see my shite dropping down to those levels. FFS.

Gee Gees. At least I can look at the odds, the track, the form, the weather, the distance the horse travelled to the race, how long the race is, the jockey, the owner and make an informed guess if I want to lose my vest. At least there's a few minutes of heart pounding excitement and usually a beer or two involved with mates.

With Crypto, it's a cold cup of tea, sat in front of a PC, alone in my pants and going in blind.

I'll stick with the horses.

A mate of mine who was a bit of a thick **** at school and a bit of a chav, recently got into crypto mining.

He has a basement full of computers that are constantly ticking away doing something.

I don’t understand any of it, but It’s obviously working for him because he’s just bought a Ferrari 458.

If he got in at the start he'd be ******* minted now. A thousand USA dollars worth in 2010 is now worth 43.750 billion.

I got a mate who was going to invest 50 dollars (so roughly 2 billion today) but his brother convinced him it was a waste of money.
Surprisingly he hasnt battered his brother to death yet.

Awol

LE
When's the jolly jape a la belle France?

Has anyone started a book on "what happens next?"

I'll have a tenner on a reverse Ardennes invasion. Odds?

When's the jolly jape a la belle France?

Has anyone started a book on "what happens next?"

I'll have a tenner on a reverse Ardennes invasion. Odds?
I’ll say this because, a bit like an SOE drop, things have to be by sad necessity, discrete for just a little bit longer, but things are happening behind the scenes.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Book Reviewer
If he got in at the start he'd be ******* minted now. A thousand USA dollars worth in 2010 is now worth 43.750 billion.

I got a mate who was going to invest 50 dollars (so roughly 2 billion today) but his brother convinced him it was a waste of money.
Surprisingly he hasnt battered his brother to death yet.
You're not wrong.

0.0008 cents when it started in July 2010.

If you were mad enough to lay out $3800 then, you would have been the richest man in the world in November 2021 a mere 11 years, with more cash than Elon Musk and he had $281.6 billion.

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Book Reviewer
My Crypto now at £8.00 up from £2.60 a couple of weeks ago. I've still got my 11 coins in the game.

I still think it's a mental way to make money.

Ritch

LE
My Crypto now at £8.00 up from £2.60 a couple of weeks ago. I've still got my 11 coins in the game.

I still think it's a mental way to make money.

I had a go a few years ago and ended up falling prey to a scam. They made off with £200. I swore I'd never go near Crypto again

Arte_et_Marte

ADC
Book Reviewer
I had a go a few years ago and ended up falling prey to a scam. They made off with £200. I swore I'd never go near Crypto again
Crikey. How did that happen?

I'm banking with a registered UK Crypto company. I can't see any way I'd be ripped off. It's as secure as my normal bank.

Ritch

LE
Crikey. How did that happen?

I'm banking with a registered UK Crypto company. I can't see any way I'd be ripped off. It's as secure as my normal bank.

I think it was 2011 and I found a website - I can't recall the name now - and it promised guaranteed returns blah blah blah.

I admit I was terribly naive.

The bumf on the website said if you deposited a minimum of £200 into this wallet, you'd see returns each day. So I followed the instructions after seeing lots of great reviews. Turns out all the reviews were fake and I'd just whacked my money in someones account.

At least I only stuck 200 in. I think others were putting a lot more in to see bigger returns etc.

I think it was 2011 and I found a website - I can't recall the name now - and it promised guaranteed returns blah blah blah.

I admit I was terribly naive.

The bumf on the website said if you deposited a minimum of £200 into this wallet, you'd see returns each day. So I followed the instructions after seeing lots of great reviews. Turns out all the reviews were fake and I'd just whacked my money in someones account.

At least I only stuck 200 in. I think others were putting a lot more in to see bigger returns etc.
1648392446922.jpeg

It's a mad enterprise and no mistake mate.

Just looked. Mines now £31.45

Yay! I'm still in the game. :rolleyes:

I bought 7k worth of crypto in the early covid dip, 100k a year later.

Sold it and am now starting out again, 1.5k to 11k since last october. I'm not even doing it seriously really, just buying stuff i think has an interesting future and has staking or some other yeild mechanism to it. Off that 11k, i'm making about £50 a month in interest.

Famous last words but everything is at around half of it's all time high at the moment and the market is in extreme fear so it's the perfect time to buy. Metaverse / Gaming stuff has a lot of potential to grow exponentially.

Don't buy when markets are going crazy and everyone is buying like crazy, it always comes crashing down again a few days, weeks, months later and that is the time to buy.

I'm in crypto for the very long term, it's barely got started yet and has huge amounts of growth to come (i really hope!)

Morning All,
There's no crypto currency thread, so on the basis of what I've read the last few post, Ref: Gains/losses with crypto, I'll put this here.
From today's local 'comic'.
20220416_133724~2.jpg

Must admit I haven't invested and haven't a Scoobie how it works. Always thought it could eventually be hacked though.