My legacy.

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer
I deliberately omitted the name as I am sure somebody would pick up, also to make sure that I was not stereotyping

The young man is very intelligent but disabled and needs a full time carer
He was left a vast sum of money and his property by his grandparents
He is unlikely to lead a long life, and upon his passing they will scoop the lot, I know his old carer, a good and trustworthy woman, who kept them at bay, but they ousted her while she was away visiting family, and put one of their own in
I had to recover all of her possessions and jewellery as they made it so difficult
I just timed it right, walked in while he was at his college and she was cleaning
Door wide open she didn't hear the door bell so I walked around the back
Threatened to call the police, but I quite bluntly explained I would have her charged with theft, some of the jewellery was in her possesion
Luckily I had a typed list and pictures

Another case was a tradesman I knew, lovely young chap, and a craftsman at his trade, but he could only employ fellow jovvies
One of then I bodily lifted out of a house and sent him packing, retarded would be the kindest word
He kept expanding his business using the same source, eventually it imploded
I rang up one day, and got the name of the firm that had taken his work over
Didn't take long, same church
Got a Muslim guy now, works hard, funny, and rips the shit out of me for looking old
That sounds absolutely bang on the nail there mate.
When Mrs OS and Me got together there were all sorts of ructions from them , even though she hadn't been an active member for many years.
Some of the things that she's told me about the whole JW thing are horrendous, very incestuous cult like behaviour. I'm surprised that the Police aren't taking a close look at this "Church" .
The organisation will close ranks though like "Omerta" with the Mafia.

Tool

LE
It was just on in the background stuff nothing mind stimulating
The episode is about the whisky cask that was set down for the future,
Slapstick story about who got it but at the end the cask was opened for tasting and the whisky- that was thought to be worth much money- had gone the equivalent of corked wine.
Undrinkable
Someone I worked with while I was in Scotland took me to a whisky tasting*. He enquired about buying a cask, and was told two things:
He would have to pony up the money prior to casking, and
No guarantee whatsoever of the quality of said whisky

Cost: About £4,500 more likely £5,500 per cask at laying down. List about 5 years long to get a cask. He bailed.

*We went to a few distilleries - if I remember, this was at Glengoyne near that there Glesgae.

That sounds absolutely bang on the nail there mate.
When Mrs OS and Me got together there were all sorts of ructions from them , even though she hadn't been an active member for many years.
Some of the things that she's told me about the whole JW thing are horrendous, very incestuous cult like behaviour. I'm surprised that the Police aren't taking a close look at this "Church" .
The organisation will close ranks though like "Omerta" with the Mafia.
LRon Hubbards lot are exactly the same.
Evil.
Religion does not automatically make you evil, but it makes it far easier to be evil.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
FYI. I shat it on AML shares and bailed for the whopping sum of £43 as it had nose dived from £180 odds profit.

It's now climbing back up...

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
2 months ago my experiment with a tiny bit of Crypto was worth £260.

It's worth £44 this morning.

FFS.

At least you still have you're and it's not been knicked from the crypto.com hack! :D

I've resisted the call of crypto so far. You have reinforced that stance!

I had a spare £1K in the bank when marks and sparks hit the buffers and the shares were about 10 p

and she wouldn't agree to it, no matter how much I grovelled

silly girl , as she is frequently reminded

just like the time my boss at Bovy told me there were ex council houses for sale in Wareham he bought his for 60 k , it was a beauty he told me I couldn't afford NOT to buy one......he rented it for 5 years when he went back to BAOR then sold it for lots lots more

and her answer to that ....."He can afford it he's a staffy , your only a corporal .... I don't want to get us into debt with a mortgage yet".................................(sigh!)

that comes up now and again

ETA..... M&S shares today 229.20

Cavuman

Old-Salt
Some decades ago - tempus fugit - my then brother-in-law, an MBA graduate of the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania called to give me a "Hot Stock Tip"! Mt. Jamie Mining LTD., a Canadian gold mining consortium.

My b.i.l. was an imminently trustworthy soul, and had not strangled me for having "ze intercourses" with his soeur, so I listened intently. It was an "massively undervalued penny stock", trading at $1.00/share. My man urged me to invest $50,000 - Fifty GRAND! - but, as tempted as I was by his excitement, I was mindful of the need to shovel food, utility and mortgage payments to my creditors and purchase the newly-developed disposable diapers in which to swaddle my year-old son and keep his shit where it belonged, I went in for $10,000.

Ten-thousand shares! What was I thinking? I'll tell you what I was thinking: swimmin' pools, Caribbean vacations, a mountain house, a Roller Phaeton, a Lamborghini Countach, and layin' around on my big, fat, white, American ass until the Reaper came to visit! (Not to mention not taking any shit from the distaff side in perpetuity!)

I was in the money from the get-go! Mt. Jamie opened the next day at $5.00/share. I had made a pre-tax profit of $40,000! In One Day! Within a week, my precious beloved gift horse had soared to $17.00. Are you kidding me? $160 grand on an initial investment of 10K in a week! There is a Jeebus!

I called my brother-in-law and said "Dump that damned Mt. Jamie shit!" He replied (in a rather vociferous fashion) "No! No! Don't sell! It's going to 34!" $330,000 on a $10,000 investment. So that's how the moneybags guy on the Monopoly board cashed in!

And thus did Mt. Jamie Mining LTD. hit 34. Cents, that is! The owners were caught in a "salting" scheme, wherein they scattered a few strategically placed gold nuggets in and around their properties. Fruck and double fruck! I sold at a $6,600 loss and went back to the arduous task of housebreaking my son. No yachts, no Rolls-Royces, no turquoise Caribbean waters, and putting up with an endless stream of shit from the wife, whom I finally "exed" a decade later.....

Caveat Emptor!

- Ed

1642724883966.png

Last edited:

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
My Son in law the posh rupert, is always telling me how much he has made from crypto
but he is still shopping around for cheap tyres for his car
and goes quite when I mention it

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
A mate of mine who was a bit of a thick **** at school and a bit of a chav, recently got into crypto mining.

He has a basement full of computers that are constantly ticking away doing something.

I don’t understand any of it, but It’s obviously working for him because he’s just bought a Ferrari 458.

Some decades ago - tempus fugit - my then brother-in-law, an MBA graduate of the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania called to give me a "Hot Stock Tip"! Mt. Jamie Mining LTD., a Canadian gold mining consortium.

My b.i.l. was an imminently trustworthy soul, and had not strangled me for having "ze intercourses" with his soeur, so I listened intently. It was an "massively undervalued penny stock", trading at $1.00/share. My man urged me to invest $50,000 - Fifty GRAND! - but, as tempted as I was by his excitement, I was mindful of the need to shovel food, utility and mortgage payments to my creditors and purchase the newly-developed disposable diapers in which to swaddle my year-old son and keep his shit where it belonged, I went in for $10,000.

Ten-thousand shares! What was I thinking? I'll tell you what I was thinking: swimmin' pools, Caribbean vacations, a mountain house, a Roller Phaeton, a Lamborghini Countach, and layin' around on my big, fat, white, American ass until the Reaper came to visit! (Not to mention not taking any shit from the distaff side in perpetuity!)

I was in the money from the get-go! Mt. Jamie opened the next day at $5.00/share. I had made a pre-tax profit of $40,000! In One Day! Within a week, my precious beloved gift horse had soared to $17.00. Are you kidding me? $160 grand on an initial investment of 10K in a week! There is a Jeebus!

I called my brother-in-law and said "Dump that damned Mt. Jamie shit!" He replied (in a rather vociferous fashion) "No! No! Don't sell! It's going to 34!" $330,000 on a $10,000 investment. So that's how the moneybags guy on the Monopoly board cashed in!

And thus did Mt. Jamie Mining LTD. hit 34. Cents, that is! The owners were caught in a "salting" scheme, wherein they scattered a few strategically placed gold nuggets in and around their properties. Fruck and double fruck! I sold at a $6,600 loss and went back to the arduous task of housebreaking my son. No yachts, no Rolls-Royces, no turquoise Caribbean waters, and putting up with an endless stream of shit from the wife, whom I finally "exed" a decade later.....

Caveat Emptor!

- Ed

View attachment 633104
Why did I hear that in the Wonder Years voice?

rgjbloke

On ROPS
On ROPs
2 months ago my experiment with a tiny bit of Crypto was worth £260.

It's worth £44 this morning.

FFS.
Does that mean that nows a good time to stick some money in it because it will go up again? :)

W21A

LE
Book Reviewer
A mate of mine who was a bit of a thick **** at school and a bit of a chav, recently got into crypto mining.

He has a basement full of computers that are constantly ticking away doing something.

I don’t understand any of it, but It’s obviously working for him because he’s just bought a Ferrari 458.
Ask him for my £150 back and I'll owe you that tenner.