My legacy.

Did our will when we bought our house 36 years ago up dated the execturers to our two sons 5 years ago as the original trustees my BIL and brother were getting older .My sons know where the will is and they know that everything is split 50/50 with them once we go

Last edited:
Stop being a silly cuunt!

Your wriggly octopus guts will keep going for a few years yet.
I would come down and give you a kick up the Arrse, but I'm poorly bad with Kung Flu.

Are you poorly Old Stabness? - not with that Kung Flu thing that they have all been talking about in the papers?

If that is the case - you look after yourself. Seriously. No making a meal of it and cluttering up any hospitals, or checking out anytime soon. Who else will regale us with their fascinating dits from times of yore?

Deal?

Awol

LE
Me and Jarrod offer a service that includes body disposal, a lying eulogy and possibly a bit of revenge on the ex wife depending on how much you leave using your will.

We are patiently waiting for Don Carlo to snuff it.

Obviously the more he leaves us, the more he will be remembered at his church service as a man with an enormous penis who could satisfy 6 girls in one night.

We can do similar for you for the right price.
What do I get for three quid?

Endoscope

LE
Book Reviewer
Are you poorly Old Stabness? - not with that Kung Flu thing that they have all been talking about in the papers?

If that is the case - you look after yourself. Seriously. No making a meal of it and cluttering up any hospitals, or checking out anytime soon. Who else will regale us with their fascinating dits from times of yore?

Deal?
I'd miss the smashed creme eggs dits

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer

Deal?
Well seeing as I have actually been down to physically see Awol in person and had him.living in my house for a while...

I think.i can take the piss out of him a little bit.

A good friend of mine, a crazy old loon,widowed many years back , had a daughter who was married and living down under. but she always took a trip back every 6 months for a 2 week stay with him, and rang him twice a week and wrote often
he seemed to be ok on his own, but I kept an eye on the mad bastard, because he did like fast motorbikes, and was frankly not very good at riding them

towards the end of his life he met some trollop with massive norks, and a few years younger than him, she soon moved in with him ( I think she was his home help or cleaner initially )
turned out she was nicking cash of him for a while, and odd things vanished from the house

Sensibly, as it turns out for him, he had put the house in trust , and put the dosh from his wifes death payment and works pension into an account for his grandchildren, high interest, could not be touched.

I suppose big boobs thought she would get the house out of it

her kids used to visit and trash the place and ran riot ( council Estate mongs)
she had sold his nice car a volvo estate and got him to sign up for a flash car ( AUDI) as guarantor , he couldn't drive any more

well his ticker went, not from all the sex, I dont think they had managed that due to his illness

and he karked it

signed for letter delivered telling her to vacate the property within so many months,
bank accounts frozen, though to be honest there was not much left

Eventually the Solicitor turned up with a locksmith and a bailiff, and secured the house ( much shouting screaming and tantrums) and she moved back into council place with the ex, who it appeared she had been shagging all along
Solicitor told her that he had made provision for her in the amended will, the remaining monies in his account would be forwarded to her, and she was to be given his wine collection as a gift

but the best bit
in the cellar were about 60/70 bottles of fine wine, , I say were
she had a party, invited lots of friends round, and they had drunk the wine or poured it down the drain as they thought it was off

had she left it alone she would have been able to sell it for a tidy sum, a very very tidy sum
she kept the Audi, I think that was paid off by the solicitor , as my mate was the guarantor
but it was a ten year old TT ie a chavs car, and didnt last long
unlike the Volvo , which I still see locally

Men are ******* idiots when it comes to women. If I ever become single again, no way would I ever let a woman Iive at my place or have access to my bank account. I have seen to many friends and family screwed over.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Men are ******* idiots when it comes to women. If I ever become single again, no way would I ever let a woman Iive at my place or have access to my bank account. I have seen to many friends and family screwed over.
Works both ways though
I knew a lass lost pretty much everything to a dodgy character

I asked my financial advisor about trusts many years ago, as that was the advice going around for guys receiving lump sum compensation. He advised me not to bother.

I guess it’s down to your personal situation and always best to seek advice from a professional.

Awol

LE
Some fantastic advice, thanks everyone.

On the subject of leaving a legacy, I’m reminded of my ex-mother in law.

Her husband died about 7 years ago, who had spent his whole life in a mediaeval farmhouse together with a few dozen Wiltshire.fields.

They met at a church summer camp back in the ‘fifties. They both belonged to the Plymouth Brethren, which is a kind of paramilitary arm of the C of E, just without the guns. But hardcore Christians, almost puritanical (which is where the Plymouth bit comes in).

So a medieval five bedroomed farmhouse and shed loads of land, about three miles outside of town and just about 300 metres north of where a bypass is planned, a now-derelict brownfield site, just begging to be turned in a small housing estate... in other words, it’s worth an absolute fortune, probably between one and a half and two million quid.

The ex-MiL has four daughters, all struggling to make a living, and bringing up kids.

So, who is she going to leave all this too?

The Church. The wealthiest landowner in the country is going to get it, and won’t even notice if, while her daughters will continue to struggle for the rest of their lives and won’t get anything, not even a single penny.

I admit it, I don’t understand it. I just can’t imagine why anyone would put something, anything ahead of their children.

Some fantastic advice, thanks everyone.

On the subject of leaving a legacy, I’m reminded of my ex-mother in law.

Her husband died about 7 years ago, who had spent his whole life in a mediaeval farmhouse together with a few dozen Wiltshire.fields.

They met at a church summer camp back in the ‘fifties. They both belonged to the Plymouth Brethren, which is a kind of paramilitary arm of the C of E, just without the guns. But hardcore Christians, almost puritanical (which is where the Plymouth bit comes in).

So a medieval five bedroomed farmhouse and shed loads of land, about three miles outside of town and just about 300 metres north of where a bypass is planned, a now-derelict brownfield site, just begging to be turned in a small housing estate... in other words, it’s worth an absolute fortune, probably between one and a half and two million quid.

The ex-MiL has four daughters, all struggling to make a living, and bringing up kids.

So, who is she going to leave all this too?

The Church. The wealthiest landowner in the country is going to get it, and won’t even notice if, while her daughters will continue to struggle for the rest of their lives and won’t get anything, not even a single penny.

I admit it, I don’t understand it. I just can’t imagine why anyone would put something, anything ahead of their children.
Because God works in mysterious ways.
(Or she's a stupid brainwashed cnut.)

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Those brethren are a strange lot, in business they tend to work amongst their own Community with finance and loans etc
A friend spent his working life life as a cop, he had to break some very bad news to a member of that lot, the chaps reaction, and justification shocked him
Can't put the facts on here as its still a case in the memory of many local people and would cause upset to other families

There is another religious lot, who work the same way, and I have seen them descend upon the vulnerable and weak at their lowest point to assist with financial guidance

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer
There is another religious lot, who work the same way, and I have seen them descend upon the vulnerable and weak at their lowest point to assist with financial guidance
Jehovahs Witnesses.

Mrs OS was brought up as a JW.
A very sinister organisation, a cult even.
There are actually support networks / Survivor networks for those people who have escaped their clutches. They do prey on the weak and the vulnerable, all in the name of God.

They like to marry within the church ,its all very incestuous . Luckily the feeble minded brain washed morons no longer knock our door. We've been blacklisted, the stupid bastards even cross the main road to walk past the house.

Monarch of the Glen Episode #2.2​

Hector and Archie fight for possession of a rare and valuable barrel of whiskey

Bit slapstick but the last scenes serves as a warning

I have not watched more than a few minutes of it ( probably 20+ years ago ) but I got the impression it was just a second rate TV soap, a Scot equivalent of Dallas - but lacking the class.

Whereas the Lux magazine exists only by giving sound financial advice to investors .

Am I missing something here ?

I have not watched more than a few minutes of it ( probably 20+ years ago ) but I got the impression it was just a second rate TV soap, a Scot equivalent of Dallas - but lacking the class.

Whereas the Lux magazine exists only by giving sound financial advice to investors .

Am I missing something here ?
It was just on in the background stuff nothing mind stimulating
The episode is about the whisky cask that was set down for the future,
Slapstick story about who got it but at the end the cask was opened for tasting and the whisky- that was thought to be worth much money- had gone the equivalent of corked wine.
Undrinkable

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Jehovahs Witnesses.

Mrs OS was brought up as a JW.
A very sinister organisation, a cult even.
There are actually support networks / Survivor networks for those people who have escaped their clutches. They do prey on the weak and the vulnerable, all in the name of God.

They like to marry within the church ,its all very incestuous . Luckily the feeble minded brain washed morons no longer knock our door. We've been blacklisted, the stupid bastards even cross the main road to walk past the house.
I deliberately omitted the name as I am sure somebody would pick up, also to make sure that I was not stereotyping

The young man is very intelligent but disabled and needs a full time carer
He was left a vast sum of money and his property by his grandparents
He is unlikely to lead a long life, and upon his passing they will scoop the lot, I know his old carer, a good and trustworthy woman, who kept them at bay, but they ousted her while she was away visiting family, and put one of their own in
I had to recover all of her possessions and jewellery as they made it so difficult
I just timed it right, walked in while he was at his college and she was cleaning
Door wide open she didn't hear the door bell so I walked around the back
Threatened to call the police, but I quite bluntly explained I would have her charged with theft, some of the jewellery was in her possesion
Luckily I had a typed list and pictures

Another case was a tradesman I knew, lovely young chap, and a craftsman at his trade, but he could only employ fellow jovvies
One of then I bodily lifted out of a house and sent him packing, retarded would be the kindest word
He kept expanding his business using the same source, eventually it imploded
I rang up one day, and got the name of the firm that had taken his work over
Didn't take long, same church
Got a Muslim guy now, works hard, funny, and rips the shit out of me for looking old