My kind of pub.

Mines a pint.

See you at the bar, mate.

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
How can the pub be in Hamphire, Dorest? Unless it crosses the border that is.

Thanks, Jarrod, if I'm up that way I'll have a look! My favourite city pub for a long while was The Victoria in Beeston, Nottingham. Chilling out in their marquee with a pint, a paper & some live music was always a joy.

I'm not telling anyone what my favourite country pub is as (a) I'm a jack bastard, (b) it's busy enough already, and (c) it could do without an ARRSE crawl turning up & people being sick in the grandfather clock or bothering the farm animals outside. That's my job.

Sex Menace for 2.50 I never knew Prince Albert was so 'reasonable'.

Thanks, Jarrod, if I'm up that way I'll have a look! My favourite city pub for a long while was The Victoria in Beeston, Nottingham. Chilling out in their marquee with a pint, a paper & some live music was always a joy.

I'm not telling anyone what my favourite country pub is as (a) I'm a jack bastard, (b) it's busy enough already, and (c) it could do without an ARRSE crawl turning up & people being sick in the grandfather clock or bothering the farm animals outside. That's my job.
my local sounds a bit different

Begbie.jpg

it doesnt have a grandfather clock

Surely once a farm animal gets involved in "that sort of thing" it ceases to be an animal and becomes a comfort worker?

I'll echo that, used to be my local before the divorce. You forgot to mention the miserable cunt of a landlord - no mobile phones, no screaming kids after 2000hrs, total disregard for the status of some of the wannabe suits from the local IT company across the railway. My sort of landlord. Just great beer, great food and enough whiskeys to make a porridge wog piss in his sporran. Oh and if you're based at Chilwell, it's just 5 minutes on the bus.

TBH, mush_dad, I never knowingly met the miserable landlord. Mobile phone ban was very welcome & while I support child-friendly pubs (as long as the child is seen & not heard) the in the tent only/not in the evenings rule was good too. It was just a decent, grown up, peaceful place like a pub should be.

If I was feeling energetic of a weekend I'd walk from the Mess down to The Lakes then along the river bank to the Vic & then undo all the good the exercise had done me by eating & drinking my own bodyweight & taking a cab home again. When I was playing for Nottingham Casuals I used to drop in to buy whichever candidate for MrsPlume was about at the time to buy her dinner to thank her for coming to the match & doing the driving.

My other favourite Nottingham pub was The Bell on the Market Square on a Tuesday night for Johnnie Johnston's jazz band, even if the pianist did appear to leer at my then other half. Surprised the dear old chap didn't have a heart attack as she had very big norks & very small tops.

I always wondered why the English have not update their pub names? Where is The Skinhead's Boot or The Happy Benefit Cheat, The Taliban's Head, The Chicken And Peas, The Double Irish, Ye Olde Java Programmer, The Mumbai Style Attack, The 120% Mortgage, etc, etc?

G

goatrutar

I always wondered why the English have not update their pub names? Where is The Skinhead's Boot or The Happy Benefit Cheat, The Taliban's Head, The Chicken And Peas, The Double Irish, Ye Olde Java Programmer, The Mumbai Style Attack, The 120% Mortgage, etc, etc?
Or The Van and Hammer.

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Surely once a farm animal gets involved in "that sort of thing" it ceases to be an animal and becomes a comfort worker?
Animal of negotiable affection?

I am about to take over a Dorset Pub that will be exactly like that.
Great beer ,well priced local game and seafood,log fires, pretty barmaids with big tits, no radio or Satellite fcuking TV ...well, except for 6 Nations and Rugby World Cup.......Proper Pub !
Dogs , Guns , Single Malt lovers most welcome.

All the best with it, medwaymud. Pity you would have to break PERSEC to tell us which one!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Nutstrangler The NAAFI Bar 7
BriteGirlie The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B 17
S Lonely Hearts 184