My internet explorer has a virus

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by gwar_drill_pig_stab, Oct 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Dunno where this came from but whenever i put IE on it comes up with a warning message about being infected and takes me to this site sc.videofreeforonline.com/id/4912933 I have avg8 and spybot but they haven't picked it up is there anything else i can do to get rid of it such as uninstall IE etc?

2. You are infected with the internet version of AIDS. Disconect now, before you infect us all.

Take your pc outside and burn it.

3. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Download Malwarebytes and then switch to Firefox you silly fellow.

4. Lavasoft Adaware SE personal, free to download, has always been good to me for getting rid of spyware like that.

5. Hi,

Might want to try Hijackthis

can't seem to get a link to a site - but if you google it I'm sure you'll find a link

Once you've downloaded the software and run it - go through the details until you find a link to your nasty site!!

6. You can get help here.
    Someone with a similar problem helped here.
    Can you edit your first post to remove that link? Someone may be daft enough to click on it.

(I would nuke the hard drive btw and not mess about trying to fix it.)

7. I agree, its time for a format, its far safer. Then as others have said either Firefox or even google chrome.

8. msr

msr LE

This is the best advice.

msr

9. Buy a Apple Mac and be smug :)

10. And grow a ponytail, so you can use your mac in trendy coffee bars.

11. Hot chocolate anyone :idea: :idea:
    http://www.apple.com/getamac/whymac/

12. This worked thank you Prince Rupert and thanks to everyone who replied including jinxy. Even though the first line of his post gave me a heart attack it was quite funny :D

13. msr

msr LE

If you are going to give advice, please do so with a basic understanding of the advice you are giving.

There is no requirement to reformat in this instance.

msr

14. Well you brit ******* have done it again.

It does it with firefox also. If you see the error message it is tied to any windows component. If you look at your "my computer" look at your disk drives they are windows based the popup will come up and Volia ITS FIREFOX because that is now your BROWSER = INFECTED!

Speaking from Current Exp which in the research to find a solution to the problem led me to this site.

Keep searching.

OH BTW It is a program designed to use what ever windows components and other browser types besides firefox/mozilla, IE and others
    :lol:
    Good day

15. You work for microsoft dont you