my husband has gone awol

Discussion in 'The Other Half' started by jessnscott, Jan 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi im new my names jess and my husband keeps going awol,i try to get him to talk but he just runs away....his camp is useless they dont even bother telling me when hes not turned up and i dont know what to do anymore...... any advice? :(

2. Jess...you may have better luck gaining sensible replies and advice on Rear Party (they are a helpful bunch of girls..and chaps)

3. He's obviously lost interest in the army, therefore he either needs to get out, get a transfer or man up. Is there problems at home ? You can expect sensible answers here, just be prepared for some stick !! Drag him round to see the families officer... :D

4. Have you tried speaking to your unit welfare officer or Padre. There are likely issues that you have that we dont know about or problems he has that you dont know about. Maybe financial problems, work or relationship issues. Best to make sure you speak to the right person in his unit and explain your problems.

5. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Get your husband to talk with you about his problems, tell him you will support him in whatever way he needs. Seek help from the unit welfare people, and try talking to his commander at whichever level he is at, ie company commander, or even CSM.

It's important that you try to find out what is bothering him, since it is affecting your marriage. he owes you some explanation.

6. Well Jess it would not be right for the camp to tell you that he has not turned up, although they should come looking for him if you are on the patch. Be cautious about going to his management unless you know them, the welfare officer might be a better bet. Difficult to give you any real help without knowing him and the full situation. However your first action is to talk to him and try to get him to tell you what is going on.

7. A disturbingly sensible reply, OFH. I detect not even a whiff of ulterior motive. :D

8. old_fat_and_hairy

I know, can't believe it myself. I must be unwell. :D

9. Or the Estonian postal service lost your shipment of little blue pills...

10. old_fat_and_hairy

Good Heavens! Can you get them by post? Never tried them. Maybe I should have been seeking your advice all along.

11. Welcome to the site, Jess, even if it is for a sad reason.

Find the Padre by going to the church/chapel on camp. You don't have to believe in God, Mammon, Allah or the Knights Jedi; he will listen to your problems at any hour of the day or night, treat you sympathetically and point you in the right direction. That is his purpose in life.

If you aren't on camp, go to your nearest church. I bet the Vicar will have the details of the Padre.

If there is a SSAFA representative on camp, they will be able to help as well. I think SSAFA has a 0800 telephone but I stand to be corrected on that. All of these welfare agencies are confidential but they will have to talk to your husband's unit in due course, if only to find out what the unit is going to do.

If you can't make progress with contacting the Padre, SSAFA or the welfare staff, pm me.

Litotes

12. thanks everyone....spoke to hid rsm today and think we have found him luckely hes only getting a fine but i just wish he would open up to me.....anyway cheers

13. old_fat_and_hairy

Very pleased for you, but make him sit down and talk to you. Get to the bottom of it all. You deserve that at the very least.