My heroic son saved comrades life in Iraq

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by TangoZeroAlpha, Feb 26, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Some good, quick thinking,well done.

2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Well done to your boy.

At least he can boast that he pulled a bird while in Iraq and has a letter to prove it! :wink:
  3. Good lad.

How long before some H&S idiot insists that roll bars are employed?
  4. Their Land Rover overturned. But why?
  5. Flattest mountains I've ever seen - idle journo
  6. Good work fella!

7. Well done to the heroic son - but why do Land Rovers over turn so easily? I hear they have a high centre of gravity - but why so many incidents?
  8. msr

msr LE

Excessive speed primarily, but also poor road surfaces / conditions, local drivers...

9. On telic 3 the mt wallah went on about roll bars and seat belts .And at high speed topcover should get down in the vechicle .If your travelling at high speed (what ever high speed is in a landie :) ) you wont see anything or be able to shoot at it .Good drills on the bloke .

10. Good post Woody.

But lets face it, he just did as he'd been briefed, it's not exactly Beharry league is it ... ?

If I had wrote the piece, the headline would have been 'Split-Arrse Nearly Gets It For Not Listening To MT Brief'

To be fair to him, it's his old mum and the local rag blowing smoke up his arrse, local lad story and all that, so I'll give him credit where it's due :wink:
  11. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Well done Pte Pollock.
  12. Probably vechicle commander didnt call top cover to get down when his driver floored it . And it is kind of fun standing up in the back of a landie speeding through the desert. Well done him but shouldn't have happened .