My girlfriend has a few questions

Discussion in 'The Other Half' started by Miffman, Jul 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm hoping to join the Queens Dragoons (have my selection at the end of next month) and my partner has some questions, i've been trying to ring my recruitment office but its always engaged.
    The QDG are based in Germany at the moment and we are planning on getting married before I go so she will be coming out to live with me hopefully.

These are her questions, if anybody can help it would be great..

1. Is the television in german lang?
    2. Whats the security like house wise?
    3. Whats the area that we might be moving to like?
    4. I've been told that there's armed guards on a gate, is this true?
    5. I've been told if i cant drive people will come to my house and take me shopping, is this true?
    6. If say my mom came to germany to visit how do we go about getting them into the compound?
    7. How long will my boyfriend be away for at times? (just a rough est)
    8. How long will he be back for at times? (again just a rough est)
    9. Will i able to get internet?
    10. What kind of stuff do we need to take with us?
    11. What kind of stuff is there to do over there?
    12. What kind of stuff is there for my 9 month old son to do?
    13. What are the houses like?
    14. If we're out there long enough for school, what are they like?
    15. My passport has ran out and my little boy hasn't got one yet, do we need to sort them out or is there a faster way of doing it?
    16. We've been told that we may not stay in the same areas, does that mean that every time he moves we have to pay for me and my son to move to?
    17. What do we actually have to pay for over there such as rent, council tax, water, gas, electric?
    18. Is there any do's and dont's when living in the compound? If so what are they?

Thanks in advance, Matthew

2. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

3. ermmmm ......crawl?? Suck lego?? Eat worms???

Seriously though, rearparty is the place to go, you'll get ripped to bits on here

4. Somebody hit me, I've gorn all sensible :D

5. Don't they have the broadcasting flagship that was BFBS any more?? Gutted!!!

Oh and qu 14...the forces schools are WAY better than the UK schools in my experience!!

6. No Offence.... but you aren't even in the Army yet, let alone passed basic and Phase 2 and your asking about welfare. Are you joining for the wrong reasons... i.e. No Job in Civvy street or prospects? If so mate then your joining for the wrong reasons, we need committed people only these days, does wifey know that you might go to Afghan not long after your married and she might be in a new country with few friends if so... Have a long hard think mate, this isn't an easy option to not having a job and getting an easy house!

7. Gremlin

Shussssssssssh, it's a secret!

8. Look on the internet for BFG and most of this and more will be answered for you.

9. Sorry I was unable to answer all the questions, sure someone could complete the ones I missed

10. Beat me to it :)

11. You could school her in the little known but well practised Mongol tradition of "gettingherbiffersmashedalloveryourfrontroombyamaraudinggangofwarriorswhileyouarebatteneddowninaroastingAFV40milesaway"

It may also help her to develop subtle shoplifting skills, to take a college course in spreading gossip and untruths and buy her a pit bull to match her leopard skin leggings.

Reni

(advice does not reflect my personal view, but that of Leanne W****s, late of Fallingboestal, Hohne and Munchengladbach, who regaled frightening tales to me over the course of a families day..now no longer with us....the fat sh*t)

12. Gremlin

Otherwise known as OMO for short!

13. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

14. You know how people say that theres no such thing as a stupid question?
    Well congratulations Matthew, you've well and truly dispelled that myth.

15. Bloody hell, does your girlfriend/ fiance think we germans live in caves?

oooops, forgot ,we do