My flat is under siege by scum - what can I do?

I see where your thinking is.

Trip wires attached to hidden planks with big f-off nails dipped in shit, Vietcong style shit stick traps, home-made Claymores filled with wet shit, exploding light bulbs full of dog kaka. Bag Bombs filled with fetid Biz, urine soaked linoleum rolled down the alley way with strategically placed dollops of Diarrhea all over it. I LIKE IT!

Close or a bit too OTT?
Remind me to never piss you off.

OP says he can see the miscreants from his balcony , take a leaf out these chaps book..
1614535910922.png

SmilingKnight

Old-Salt
Hi everyone

Thanks for the replies

To clear some things up:

The people that live in the area are generally an alright sort. I'm sure these people are druggies/beggars from somewhere else. This is by no means a sink estate. Unfortunately it a thoroughfare to and from the town centre.

They're not kids either. Mostly middle aged I think. I would assess them as either heroin or crack users.

On no account will I be confronting them. Too much to lose. There is one of me and many of them and I am well aware that the police won't give a monkey's about my sob story. If I am attacked by any of them then all bets are off, however.

The management company are actually being very pro-active. We are at minimum having LED lights installed high enough that people can't get to them. We are getting a quote for CCtv too.

I'm thinking of posting an anonymous letter to my building and the surrounding buildings to ask people to report to the police.

I haven't reported to the council yet - next on my to do list.

For the chap warning about not being spotted filming/photographing from the flat - Not a problem. My flat actually acts as an OP of sorts - If I have the lights off I can sit quite far back and peek through the curtains to my hearts content without them ever spotting me.

I would love to shoot them with an airgun from the balcony but it would be an absolute dead giveaway of where I live.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Hi everyone

Thanks for the replies

To clear some things up:

The people that live in the area are generally an alright sort. I'm sure these people are druggies/beggars from somewhere else. This is by no means a sink estate. Unfortunately it a thoroughfare to and from the town centre.

They're not kids either. Mostly middle aged I think. I would assess them as either heroin or crack users.

On no account will I be confronting them. Too much to lose. There is one of me and many of them and I am well aware that the police won't give a monkey's about my sob story. If I am attacked by any of them then all bets are off, however.

The management company are actually being very pro-active. We are at minimum having LED lights installed high enough that people can't get to them. We are getting a quote for CCtv too.

I'm thinking of posting an anonymous letter to my building and the surrounding buildings to ask people to report to the police.

For the chap warning about not being spotted filming/photographing from the flat - Not a problem. My flat actually acts as an OP of sorts - If I have the lights off I can sit quite far back and peek through the curtains to my hearts content without them ever spotting me.

I would love to shoot them with an airgun from the balcony but it would be an absolute dead giveaway of where I live.

So you won't be digging a pit and filling it with poo covered spikes then?

I'm mildly disappointed by your perfectly reasonable behaviour.

Q_Man

Old-Salt
This is only a problem if your DNA is on the national database*
De-foliate the bushes and spread nasties around. It’s minging, but using a syringe to squirt anchovy juice about is cheap and effective. If your neighbours ask about the smell, tell them a dead body was found there, and act concerned about the drug problem in your town. Then your neighbours can bother your local councillor as well.

*mine isn’t. I charge £100 a litre for most fluids. Certain fluids attract a special rate.

£100 a litre? It'd take me two days to knock that much out. I need a dioralyte just thinking about it.

If I was going to do it - I wouldn't put it on a public forum would I? ;)
The thought of you being forced into turning the lights off and peeking through the curtians, really pisses me off. This is massively affecting your life.
I know that it is a complex thing to solve, but i really think that the feral scum in this country are given way too much respect.
Hopefully our home secretary is turning the tide. I know she has tried on many fronts but is always hamstrung by YUMAN rights laws.
Now that we are out of the EU perhaps things will gradually change.

I've spent much time over the last four years photographing drug addicts, pushers and prostitutes, up-close and very personal.

I know nearly all of them in my city in northern Italy. I can go places even the police are wary to go, and I have total freedom to photograph anything. A very small selection of those photos can be seen on my website link

In the time I've spent photographing them, I've seen them chase away the police a number of times (6 armed officers ran away from them on one occasion) and also several raids by the military (the armed soldiers ran away from them too).

Many of them live rough and haven't washed for years. They smell revolting, and many have lice. They sh1t on the grass right next to where they smoke or inject, so I can't see any of the above suggestions about using smelly substances working.

They don't seem to care about surveillance cameras, not even the official police cameras, and the police here, as I imagine in many other cities and countries have just given up trying. Even during Covid they don't use masks and they don't respect the curfew or any other regulations. They are a law unto themselves.

Stabbings here are frequent, which confirms advice given earlier in this thread, don't approach them. They will also threaten to stab with used syringe needles.

Tomorrow (Monday) I'll go and ask them if there is anything that would put them off frequenting an area. If I get any useful suggestions I'll come back and post them tomorrow evening.

UPDATED AS PROMISED IN POST #198

Last edited:

SmilingKnight

Old-Salt
The thought of you being forced into turning the lights off and peeking through the curtians, really pisses me off. This is massively affecting your life.
I know that it is a complex thing to solve, but i really think that the feral scum in this country are given way too much respect.
Hopefully our home secretary is turning the tide. I know she has tried on many fronts but is always hamstrung by YUMAN rights laws.
Now that we are out of the EU perhaps things will gradually change.

I agree wholeheartedly mate.

If i could just get away with hitting them all with a baseball bat I would.

I'm not going to get anywhere losing my cool though.

Hi everyone

Thanks for the replies

To clear some things up:

Just keep reports going into the council. If there's an alternative route to the city centre then they may be able to stick up a gating order at one end of the cut through. This is a sort of PSPO which enables the council to block paths. But as detailed earlier you'll need a lot of evidence of the issues, especially as there will be a larger number of people buggered up by it and whom will complain.

As you have a managed building they could, I think, close off the land around the building? Sorry not sure of the exact set up or layout of the area, but I'm sure your building owners will have ideas and experince along that sort of thing.

Airgun? AIR-feckin-GUN? Have you caught that there ghey that's going around? What you need is one of THEM, you know, came in a one size fits all of 7.62.

Seriously, some good (and cunning!) ideas on here. Good luck and I wish you well.

SmilingKnight

Old-Salt
Just keep reports going into the council. If there's an alternative route to the city centre then they may be able to stick up a gating order at one end of the cut through. This is a sort of PSPO which enables the council to block paths. But as detailed earlier you'll need a lot of evidence of the issues, especially as there will be a larger number of people buggered up by it and whom will complain.

As you have a managed building they could, I think, close off the land around the building? Sorry not sure of the exact set up or layout of the area, but I'm sure your building owners will have ideas and experince along that sort of thing.

My flat overlooks the problem area, but the area itself is council land.
Former playpark that is now just a green.

My flat overlooks the problem area, but the area itself is council land.
Former playpark that is now just a green.
Have you made any reports to police yet-if so, what was their response?

#Do you, or any of the other residents have any vulnerabilities?
This is quite an important thing in how some reports are graded.
If so-let the police know in your reports.

Examples: Elderly woman in flat 21 is a widower and lives alone-scared to go out and do her shopping. Bloke at number 10 is a wheelchair user, PTSD / anxiety...get them listed down.
Young children live in some flats...they are at risk of finding used needles. Imagine the shitstorm were the council found to have failed if one of them came a cropper.

SmilingKnight

Old-Salt
#Do you, or any of the other residents have any vulnerabilities?
This is quite an important thing in how some reports are graded.
If so-let the police know in your reports.

Examples: Elderly woman in flat 21 is a widower and lives alone-scared to go out and do her shopping. Bloke at number 10 is a wheelchair user, PTSD / anxiety...get them listed down.
Young children live in some flats...they are at risk of finding used needles. Imagine the shitstorm were the council found to have failed if one of them came a cropper.

I watched in horror yesterday as I saw a tot with its mother tottering towards the bushes.
Was about to shout out of the window. luckily kid turned round and disappeared with mum.

Latest Threads