My flat is under siege by scum - what can I do?

But how do you deploy it? Achieving buy in is often said to be a good thing, but not how to do it.

Without derailing this thread, what measures and advantages would using the credit system have over the system employed by the HSE ? Dress it up and rename it as many times as you want but it's still changing the perceptions of the workforce.

Hi Gentleman,

Thought I would post this here as there are actually some knowledgeable people on this board that might be able to provide some decent advice.

About six weeks ago I split from my GF and moved back into my own flat.

It was quickly noticeable to me that the environs surrounding the flat had completely declined since I had last lived there.

Firstly, we have an alley way that runs past the flats that runs from the street to a very large park area. I see people stood at the entrance of this alleyway daily - I have never seen drugs actually change hands but it is quite obvious what they are up to. This alley provides excellent routes in and out, including into a large park where they could easily lose any police attention.

The street itself is terribly lit and is quite intimidating during the hours of darkness. I asked the management company that manages our building why the lights weren't on at the entrance to the building.
They were quite surprised because apparently they had fixed the lights only a couple of months ago. It turns out someone has removed the lightbulbs. These lights help to illuminate the alleyway, and without them it is in total darkness. It is certainly a combat indicator of skullduggery going on.

On the other side of the building my flat overlooks a green that backs onto a bridge with a dual carriageway. The bushes at the back of this green are used nightly for drug taking and drug dealing by a group of between 6-12 people. At night time I can see torches and lighters being lit in the bushes constantly. My balcony overlooks all of this so I can sit watching their activities to my hearts content. They are on mobile phones often and often have very loud shouting matches. I imagine they are very intimidating to walk past.

The general ambience of the area screams 'shithole' now. At night there all sorts of unsavoury characters lurking, often in groups.

Because the area is next to the town centre it has always had its fair share of druggies and homeless passing through but this is something else.

I have made a report to the police via their website and although they acknowledged receiving it I haven't heard anything about it.

As much as I want to channel my inner Punisher and start shooting them with a crossbow from my balcony, what are my options?
Is there any way I can get the police to bother to do anything?
Do you want a Neighbourhood Watch sign? I am sure I can steal one from somewhere.

NSP

LE
think of it another way- if you hurt someone’s feelings on here by calling them a cock and they reported you for mal-comms, would you think it proportionate if police went down legal routes to obtain your details from arrse admin / your ISP, and then turned up at yours to seize all your mobile / computer devices For analysis?
It doesn't seem to stop them when people do it on Facecock or Twatter. Or when a legal cheese vendor tries to legally sell some cheese...

1614514190809.png

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
What about a decent drone ?
you could zoom up and film them
whizz it around, or fit it with blue lights to unnerve them
useful way of gathering evidence
ye I know its illegal to use in certain places, but who is going to call five oh about it
oh and my bonkers mate who supplied the smoke things said a catapult, purchased for cash elsewhere is also useful with small stones and pebbles, and hurts, a lot

What about a decent drone ?
you could zoom up and film them
whizz it around, or fit it with blue lights to unnerve them
useful way of gathering evidence
ye I know its illegal to use in certain places, but who is going to call five oh about it
oh and my bonkers mate who supplied the smoke things said a catapult, purchased for cash elsewhere is also useful with small stones and pebbles, and hurts, a lot

Catapult...

Swift, silent and painful. Don't use ball bearings or marbles as these can retain finger prints unless you wear gloves. Small rough pebbles or stone chippings would be better.

Alledgedly...

Biological/chemical warfare of a legal kind is the answer. Comfrey, a wild growing plant makes an excellent fertiliser when chopped and left to soak in water. The downside is it stinks like rancid dogsh1t, so if you were to inadvertently spill some in the area where the scrotes hang out, they might feel inclined to go and infest some other turf.

BaldBaBoon

War Hero
A generic upping of every aspect of your security could be on the books if you intend to stay at that flat.
I would have a good guess ( my experience at work ) that you are looking at about 95% of theft from vehicle, burglary and other silliness to be connected with druggies. Which means that even when the drug addled drains on society are off their rockers, scoring drugs nearby, their radar will be up and running on what looks shiny.

Nice little indicators for ripe hunting grounds for vehicle theft are little piles of glass strewn along the parking bays where windows have been put through, poor street lighting, walkthoughs into parks and alleyways ( unobserved access and escape routes ), fences/walls/foilage stopping a direct line of sight to your vehicle, the sounds of one ot two mopeds slowly riding past the parking bays in the wee hours etc.

There is quite a bit you can do as passive defence that is not obvious and more importantly does not land you in the shite when it comes to wounding a trespasser....much to my annoyance, Ap-mines are not a legal deterrent.So if you have a garden with fencing for example, I could post a few tips.

Tell the police that you're a Gay, and inform your local MP & Police that you have been a victim of "hate crimes" from those louts hanging about.

1: Police seem to be more interested in helping out the non straight people, with ridiculous crimes such as name calling.
2: MP won't want to take the heat for ignoring the gay community.

3: People will think you're a chutney ferret when you are not - but at least you will probably get some peace.

Another way is to deal with it yourself:
1: Follow the dealers to find out where they live.
2: Hire some Pikeys/Junkies etc, to kick their door in - rob them of their drugs and threaten them about dealing on their patch. (they won't report this to the police as they would also be bringing heat upon themselves).

Biological/chemical warfare of a legal kind is the answer. Comfrey, a wild growing plant makes an excellent fertiliser when chopped and left to soak in water. The downside is it stinks like rancid dogsh1t, so if you were to inadvertently spill some in the area where the scrotes hang out, they might feel inclined to go and infest some other turf.
Spear wort. My mother was a witch and used to patch me up with that when I was a nipper. Healed very well.

Tell the police that you're a Gay, and inform your local MP & Police that you have been a victim of "hate crimes" from those louts hanging about.
Gay is old hat nowadays. Tell them you're gender fluid and they used the wrong pronoun on you.

Tuffty

War Hero
Mate what ever you do don't confront them. They will go to the police and you will be the one charged. They will then sue you for damages etc. The police don't care and will just *uck you over to get to their targets for that month. Speaking from experience.

You could also collect your shit and family's shit for a few weeks - just pop it into a freezer bag and chuck it in the freezer until you have a fair collection. Once you have enough - smear/litter it randomly where they hang out and you'll probably get peace for a few days.

There's always the "Harry Brown" solution.
Michael Caine plays an elderly gent who is plagued by the local druggies.
Little do they know he is a retired Bootie and when the cops show little interest he decides to tidy up his neighbourhood.

A generic upping of every aspect of your security could be on the books if you intend to stay at that flat.
I would have a good guess ( my experience at work ) that you are looking at about 95% of theft from vehicle, burglary and other silliness to be connected with druggies. Which means that even when the drug addled drains on society are off their rockers, scoring drugs nearby, their radar will be up and running on what looks shiny.

Nice little indicators for ripe hunting grounds for vehicle theft are little piles of glass strewn along the parking bays where windows have been put through, poor street lighting, walkthoughs into parks and alleyways ( unobserved access and escape routes ), fences/walls/foilage stopping a direct line of sight to your vehicle, the sounds of one ot two mopeds slowly riding past the parking bays in the wee hours etc.

There is quite a bit you can do as passive defence that is not obvious and more importantly does not land you in the shite when it comes to wounding a trespasser....much to my annoyance, Ap-mines are not a legal deterrent.So if you have a garden with fencing for example, I could post a few tips.

Ignoring the dumb posts on here that take away from the subject, do you have any links you could let us have or do you have time to list some recommendations from your time observing the need to increase home security ?

Without reading the entire thread, have you spoken to your local Council about this. They should have a section that looks at anti social behaviour and should be able to come up with measures to help resolve the problem.

One way forward to resolve this kind of problem is to provide lighting in the alleyway thus robbing the dealers of their ability to operate unseen.

This would be a capital project and the Council would need to find the money but if it was decided this was a matter of urgent public safety, they may be persuaded to do something to put the money in place.

Talk to your MP and get your local Councillors on board as well.

I don’t know how large your block of flats is but if you get a petition signed by most if not all of the residents asking for the Council to undertake action on the grounds of public safety, that may help as well.

Latest Threads