My flat is under siege by scum - what can I do?

That's nice. I put some dashcam footage in through the online submission portal for A&S Constabulary showing a woman in the car behind me constantly looking at her 'phone in a suction-cup holder attached to her windscreen and tapping away on it, replying to text messages or updating Facetwat or whatever, and the response was that because she wasn't actually holding the phone no offence had been committed.

A&S dude! She was sat on my arse for three and a half miles with her attention focused mostly on her bloody 'hpne, tapping away. You can clearly see her head is aimed at the 'phone and not at the road - or, crucially, the back of my car and the big red lights attached to it that alert you to the fact I am taking way off.

FFS. What is the point of the police these days? She needs a good talking to by a stern-faced, grumpy, short-tempered constable with his peak pulled down low, if not presented with a summons. So she's not committing a mobile 'phone offence for some unfathomable reason. Fine - how's about driving without due care and attention? Improper use of the controls? Careless driving? Etc, etc...?

And you might wonder why the upstanding section of society might feel that it's all a waste of bloody time, reporting stuff to Plod...?
Who was driving your car whilst you got all in a pickle about the daft bitch?

That's nice. I put some dashcam footage in through the online submission portal for A&S Constabulary showing a woman in the car behind me constantly looking at her 'phone in a suction-cup holder attached to her windscreen and tapping away on it, replying to text messages or updating Facetwat or whatever, and the response was that because she wasn't actually holding the phone no offence had been committed.

A&S dude! She was sat on my arse for three and a half miles with her attention focused mostly on her bloody 'hpne, tapping away. You can clearly see her head is aimed at the 'phone and not at the road - or, crucially, the back of my car and the big red lights attached to it that alert you to the fact I am taking way off.

FFS. What is the point of the police these days? She needs a good talking to by a stern-faced, grumpy, short-tempered constable with his peak pulled down low, if not presented with a summons. So she's not committing a mobile 'phone offence for some unfathomable reason. Fine - how's about driving without due care and attention? Improper use of the controls? Careless driving? Etc, etc...?

And you might wonder why the upstanding section of society might feel that it's all a waste of bloody time, reporting stuff to Plod...?
Possibly (and I could well be wrong) that it would need to be able to be proved in court that interactive communication was taking place. Yes, it’s obvs she was pressing to text or use satnav etc but... without the phone being seized and forensically analysed, that point could not be definitively proven. Had she then gone on to plough into a mother with baby in pram, the phone would have been seized but, on the basis of just securing a 3-pointer, it would not be proportionate to do so. Had she had the phone in her hand and was seen talking etc then it would have been bang to rights.
I personally think a lot of the “send us your images” stuff is more of a carthartic thing anyway. Most of what’s submitted would not be admissible as evidence. Majority of time people also post their images / footage on social media - which also renders it inadmissible.

think of it another way- if you hurt someone’s feelings on here by calling them a cock and they reported you for mal-comms, would you think it proportionate if police went down legal routes to obtain your details from arrse admin / your ISP, and then turned up at yours to seize all your mobile / computer devices For analysis?

Last edited:
Hi Gentleman,

Thought I would post this here as there are actually some knowledgeable people on this board that might be able to provide some decent advice.

About six weeks ago I split from my GF and moved back into my own flat.

It was quickly noticeable to me that the environs surrounding the flat had completely declined since I had last lived there.

Firstly, we have an alley way that runs past the flats that runs from the street to a very large park area. I see people stood at the entrance of this alleyway daily - I have never seen drugs actually change hands but it is quite obvious what they are up to. This alley provides excellent routes in and out, including into a large park where they could easily lose any police attention.

The street itself is terribly lit and is quite intimidating during the hours of darkness. I asked the management company that manages our building why the lights weren't on at the entrance to the building.
They were quite surprised because apparently they had fixed the lights only a couple of months ago. It turns out someone has removed the lightbulbs. These lights help to illuminate the alleyway, and without them it is in total darkness. It is certainly a combat indicator of skullduggery going on.

On the other side of the building my flat overlooks a green that backs onto a bridge with a dual carriageway. The bushes at the back of this green are used nightly for drug taking and drug dealing by a group of between 6-12 people. At night time I can see torches and lighters being lit in the bushes constantly. My balcony overlooks all of this so I can sit watching their activities to my hearts content. They are on mobile phones often and often have very loud shouting matches. I imagine they are very intimidating to walk past.

The general ambience of the area screams 'shithole' now. At night there all sorts of unsavoury characters lurking, often in groups.

Because the area is next to the town centre it has always had its fair share of druggies and homeless passing through but this is something else.

I have made a report to the police via their website and although they acknowledged receiving it I haven't heard anything about it.

As much as I want to channel my inner Punisher and start shooting them with a crossbow from my balcony, what are my options?
Is there any way I can get the police to bother to do anything?
Report them for not wearing masks, respecting the rule of 6 and social distancing.

We had this sentiment at a large warehouse I worked in regards to H&S incidents. Our official figures showed we were doing great. I was less convinced as I heard stories from people passing me. Careful questioning of key personnel showed that no one was reporting because nothing was ever seen done.

Each report was investigated (By me and the project Manger), and usually the incidents were NFA as they were usually misinterpreted by the eye witness. Eye witnesses are a horrible source, as the human brain is crap as a recording device. Perception of distance and time is often widely out. Often a claim of 'ROPT shot out of a corner and nearly ploughed into me' became 'ROPT drove past me at a sensible speed with good clearance, I was just startled by it coming up behind me as they're quite quiet'. That's no ones fault, but he eye witness perceived it as a near miss.
Once had an incident reported on the same day as it occurred. I got a time for it, when I found it the time given was 2.5 hours out.

Based on that I started working on a plan to improve reporting and H&S generally. However, I left the job before I could finalise the plan and get it rolled out. Which is a shame really, as I was quite proud of the concept. My inspiration for it was the Chinese Social Credit Scheme they're putting in place. I mean if it can be used to control a mass of population, why can't we employ the same techniques in H&S improvements in the workplace?

DarkBrig

War Hero
We had this sentiment at a large warehouse I worked in regards to H&S incidents. Our official figures showed we were doing great. I was less convinced as I heard stories from people passing me. Careful questioning of key personnel showed that no one was reporting because nothing was ever seen done.

Each report was investigated (By me and the project Manger), and usually the incidents were NFA as they were usually misinterpreted by the eye witness. Eye witnesses are a horrible source, as the human brain is crap as a recording device. Perception of distance and time is often widely out. Often a claim of 'ROPT shot out of a corner and nearly ploughed into me' became 'ROPT drove past me at a sensible speed with good clearance, I was just startled by it coming up behind me as they're quite quiet'. That's no ones fault, but he eye witness perceived it as a near miss.
Once had an incident reported on the same day as it occurred. I got a time for it, when I found it the time given was 2.5 hours out.

Based on that I started working on a plan to improve reporting and H&S generally. However, I left the job before I could finalise the plan and get it rolled out. Which is a shame really, as I was quite proud of the concept. My inspiration for it was the Chinese Social Credit Scheme they're putting in place. I mean if it can be used to control a mass of population, why can't we employ the same techniques in H&S improvements in the workplace?
Genuine question and admittedly recovering from last night - Having just read all about the Chinese social credit scheme (thank you Wikipedia) how does that fit with H & S are you ignoring anyone deemed un reliable or recording everything then checking it for unreliability?

Chinese social credit scheme....you sound like a right little Hitler.

Genuine question and admittedly recovering from last night - Having just read all about the Chinese social credit scheme (thank you Wikipedia) how does that fit with H & S are you ignoring anyone deemed un reliable or recording everything then checking it for unreliability?

You seem to be considering it as the negative side, but ignoring the root system used. SCS effectively gamifies what the Chinese state considers good behavior.

By applying gamification to H&S reporting you encourage people to report incidents (Ie: the good behavior) and can get a much better idea of what is going on on your site, and where you need to target your resources. It would, for example tackle the problem of 'No point in reporting, as nothing ever gets done' thinking. When linked to a couple of other idea's I had it would (in theory) provide a huge improvement on sites. One of the key problems on sites is getting an accurate reporting structure which shows

Bung local farmer £50.00...

1614504217760.png

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
If you have a spare smartphone, turn on the blue tooth and get near, you can message them without them knowing who it is, and if you know how you can snatch their directory ( I have a friend who does this stuff) ( grindr and the like)

when a mate of mine had a problem with scum, some of these came into our possesion via a third party, we waited until they had settled down and started drinking and smoking weed, then tossed a barrage of these around the area, , and later I may have inadvertantly dropped one into a passing car as they called up re inforcements

I also found that a ( highly illegal) mobile phone jammer that I was given came in very useful, as it prevented them calling for re inforcements and made them even more paranoid
also a large 15 litre tub of white emulsion, stolen from any builders skip and dropped via plastic doggy bags, creates a stunning effect
if you have height ( say a flat roof) a paintball gun is fun, but my ability to aim is neglible so I prefer to get up close

a gas powered air horn is fun, get seveeral and get mates to help you, very disoriantating

these are also fun and very annoying

Amazon product
Do you live in Croydon?

Take up an exciting new hobby,

ted-murderkit-blog.jpg

It's doubtful anyone will beat Dr Shipman's UK record, but you can at least try to take Silver from former ACC Chef Dennis Nilsen. :twisted:

Last edited:
You seem to be considering it as the negative side, but ignoring the root system used. SCS effectively gamifies what the Chinese state considers good behavior.

By applying gamification to H&S reporting you encourage people to report incidents (Ie: the good behavior) and can get a much better idea of what is going on on your site, and where you need to target your resources. It would, for example tackle the problem of 'No point in reporting, as nothing ever gets done' thinking. When linked to a couple of other idea's I had it would (in theory) provide a huge improvement on sites. One of the key problems on sites is getting an accurate reporting structure which shows

Isn't that what should be in place by employing the HSE's safety culture ?

Latest Threads