My flat is under siege by scum - what can I do?

Being a former J2 ninja I am well aware that little bits of info can build a bigger intelligence picture

What would be the most effective means to report this?

I'll see if i can track down a means to report directly to the neighbourhood police team
Your beat officer will have a police email address.

Screenshot_20210304_161430_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

If you want to kill off the foliage use this stuff.
It's the Canis Testes.

Green_Homer

War Hero
Being a former J2 ninja I am well aware that little bits of info can build a bigger intelligence picture

What would be the most effective means to report this?

I'll see if i can track down a means to report directly to the neighbourhood police team

Judgment call really... 101 / online reporting whilst noting that it's an ongoing issue that the local team are looking into will pretty much ensure the get the info.

If you can find an team email address for the local beat team than that's good too. Certainly in my old force neighbourhood teams don't work 24hrs and might be off for a few days at a time depending on how their rotas work.

Emailing a specific officer's email sounds nice and personal but if that officer is on rest days or leave than it might not get picked up for ages.

I had someone witness what sounded heavily like an active drug deal take place outside his house and sounded like it linked into other dealing elsewhere but we were missing a registration for a vehicle (a popular fleet vehicle so no good looking for a type). He watched it for 20mins and got lots of detail but didn't think to write things like a registration down or call it in. He then emailed it to me the next day. Shame I was on leave for the week..

Rule of thumb - if it's urgent 999 - i.e fights breaking out, weapons seen etc.

Less urgent but think it needs looking at sooner rather than later - 101

To pass on odd bits and pieces that you think might be relevant then 101 / online report / local team multiuser email.

Best thing to do would be to speak to your local neighbourhood team and they will be best place to guide you on your specific situation.

Caveat to all of the above as has been mentioned lots of times - a report doesn't mean a immediate reaction but is better than nothing.

RTU'd

War Hero
Tell plod on the quiet that you think the scum/yoofs are doing drugs/guns & people smuggling?
They might lay waiting to nick them all.

But honestly man up.
A cross bow has less recoil than an air rifle allegedly.
If you can lob rocks or darts from where you can not be seen then crack on.

Or get some local millwall/spurs/west ham fans in as they like a rumble.
Other inter city firms are available.

Judgment call really... 101 / online reporting whilst noting that it's an ongoing issue that the local team are looking into will pretty much ensure the get the info.

If you can find an team email address for the local beat team than that's good too. Certainly in my old force neighbourhood teams don't work 24hrs and might be off for a few days at a time depending on how their rotas work.

Emailing a specific officer's email sounds nice and personal but if that officer is on rest days or leave than it might not get picked up for ages.

I had someone witness what sounded heavily like an active drug deal take place outside his house and sounded like it linked into other dealing elsewhere but we were missing a registration for a vehicle (a popular fleet vehicle so no good looking for a type). He watched it for 20mins and got lots of detail but didn't think to write things like a registration down or call it in. He then emailed it to me the next day. Shame I was on leave for the week..

Rule of thumb - if it's urgent 999 - i.e fights breaking out, weapons seen etc.

Less urgent but think it needs looking at sooner rather than later - 101

To pass on odd bits and pieces that you think might be relevant then 101 / online report / local team multiuser email.

Best thing to do would be to speak to your local neighbourhood team and they will be best place to guide you on your specific situation.

Caveat to all of the above as has been mentioned lots of times - a report doesn't mean a immediate reaction but is better than nothing.
Reporting online can sometimes be quicker than 101 also, if there’s a long wait time. If I’m on mailbox between calls, I’ll flick through what’s in and if I see something I think warrants dealing with sooner- then I’ll deal with that.
As I’ve said earlier though- each report should ‘count’. Majority of online reports are just very wordy, broad spectrum allegations of multiple things - without any actual information being provided: “ Number 23 have guests round again, in breach of national lockdown. They’re doing drugs too and one of them is a dealer, I saw them dealing drugs in town last week, at dinner time, in a blue car....”

Last edited:

Green_Homer

War Hero
Reporting online can sometimes be quicker than 101 also, if there’s a long wait time. If I’m on mailbox between calls, I’ll flick through what’s in and if I see something I think warrants dealing with sooner- then I’ll deal with that.
As I’ve said earlier though- each report should ‘count’. Majority of online reports are just very wordy, broad spectrum allegations of multiple things - without any actual information being provided: “ Number 23 have guests round again, in breach of national lockdown. They’re doing drugs too and one of them is a dealer, I saw them dealing drugs in town last week, at dinner time, in a blue car....”
Quite - online reporting was only really starting to take off when I left my former role so interesting to have that insight on when it gets looked at.

I agree also that there's no point with playing buzz word bingo to try to elaborate a response. To the OP - continue to be honest, sometimes what you have to say might turn out to be nothing but equally it might be very helpful. Again - most officers are keen to help but we're human too and it's difficult to build an effective relationship if you don't trust your 'source'.

We were told by the intelligence team that they found our input invaluable and were frustrated that they couldn't make better use of us by telling us if what we submitted was good or not. The reason was that officers would by their nature try to be 'helpful', and dig deeper if they thought they were helping, which would potentially compromise a bigger operation.

Quite - online reporting was only really starting to take off when I left my former role so interesting to have that insight on when it gets looked at.

I agree also that there's no point with playing buzz word bingo to try to elaborate a response. To the OP - continue to be honest, sometimes what you have to say might turn out to be nothing but equally it might be very helpful. Again - most officers are keen to help but we're human too and it's difficult to build an effective relationship if you don't trust your 'source'.

We were told by the intelligence team that they found our input invaluable and were frustrated that they couldn't make better use of us by telling us if what we submitted was good or not. The reason was that officers would by their nature try to be 'helpful', and dig deeper if they thought they were helping, which would potentially compromise a bigger operation.
the fact that online reporting is so ‘easy’ is also to its detriment. Quite often the reports are more of a cathartic measure where someone simply wishes to vent their spleen. On any given day, if there are say 50 reports waiting to be processed, around 5 of them will be from regulars sending their daily stock report.
5 of them will be duplicates where someone has reported something , then submitted another report with exactly same wording but a made up name.
10 of them will be covid breach reports, all arising from a parking space being taken up- if the car has no MOT they’ll have checked and report that also.
5 of them will be of the ‘I’ve just been to Asda and nobody was wearing face masks ‘ sort.
the rest will mainly consist of off road motorbike / quads / antisocial behaviour reports, and the odd Dom violence one where they disclose their partner belted them one earlier and they have a young child. That will be the one that gets dealt with first.

Green_Homer

War Hero
the fact that online reporting is so ‘easy’ is also to its detriment. Quite often the reports are more of a cathartic measure where someone simply wishes to vent their spleen. On any given day, if there are say 50 reports waiting to be processed, around 5 of them will be from regulars sending their daily stock report.
5 of them will be duplicates where someone has reported something , then submitted another report with exactly same wording but a made up name.
10 of them will be covid breach reports, all arising from a parking space being taken up- if the car has no MOT they’ll have checked and report that also.
5 of them will be of the ‘I’ve just been to Asda and nobody was wearing face masks ‘ sort.
the rest will mainly consist of off road motorbike / quads / antisocial behaviour reports, and the odd Dom violence one where they disclose their partner belted them one earlier and they have a young child. That will be the one that gets dealt with first.
As is, was and always will be with technology sadly. Facebook for example

Still, if it enables the public to come forward with more int or to better report genuine crime reports than it's a necessary evil to accept the dross too.

I got offered the chance to apply for your role in the past. Personally I couldn't do it because I couldn't put up with having to deal with clearly LOB reports remotely. It takes a certain trait to remain sane in those circumstances and I applaud you.

Edited to correct fat fingers

and the odd Dom violence one where they disclose their partner belted them one earlier and they have a young child. That will be the one that gets dealt with first.
Unless a bloke reports it

Unless a bloke reports it
Quite the opposite actually. Majority of dom reports are along the lines of controlling and coercive behaviour. If violence is involved, and it’s the weaker party that’s the perpetrator, quite often a weapon / implement will be utilised also.

Quite the opposite actually. Majority of dom reports are along the lines of controlling and coercive behaviour. If violence is involved, and it’s the weaker party that’s the perpetrator, quite often a weapon / implement will be utilised also.
Not where I live

Will also add- In this age of phone cameras, many people think that by getting all David Bailey with their Iphone they are being helpful. Even an average Covid breach report will be suffixed with "I have pictures", where some neighbour has gone out of their way to take a picture of bloke parking up on street etc.
There is a certain set of criteria that has to be met for photo / video footage to be admisable in court. The average ad hoc snap with a mobile phone is not likely to meet those criteria. Police are not likely going to ask to see your footage for something such as a low level covid breach report either- which is most likely not actually a breach at all anyway. There is not point putting yourself at risk of reprisals by trying to be Sherlock Holmes.

Images can of course be helpful in some circumstances but- a blurry low light picture of a dark coloured car and a person walking near to it is not really worth risking your own safety to secure.

There are some people who review their CCTV footage every couple of days and then select anything they think could be dodgy and submit it as a report. Invariably it ends up with 10-15 links to a server that sets off all sorts of alarm bells on the police systems when trying to view it and...turns out to be just blurry footage of a car parking up for 2 minutes and a bloke walking round. Mostly turns out to be deliveroo drivers taking a curry to their neighbour or somesuch.

Im not saying photo evidence is unwanted or not worth sending in but - some people are now of the mindset of take a picture anyway- even because they've seen a car they dont recognise driving down their street.

Best plan is-know who in your area actually has CCTV. Kayden McScrote may well have his covid mask on and hood up when he's trying your car door at 03:30 but...he might not have done 10 minutes earlier when he was walking up the street next to yours.

I have a rough idea of who in my local area has CCTV also now-purely by reading the local facebook group. So all the scrotes will know too. The number of people who are eager to chip in and announce they will check their CCTV on social media when someone reports a shed broken into is astounding. Once again- a 15 minutes of fame scenario perhaps??

#I can only speak from the point of view of my job spec. If Im wrong in any of the above then there are serving officers on here who can correct anything. They will know better than I what happens on the ground etc etc.

Bee Companeeee

Old-Salt
Or get some local millwall/spurs/west ham fans in as they like a rumble.
Other inter city firms are available.
Yes I've seen footage on the telly of them 'rumbling'
Seems to consist of standing rigid with legs straight, arms straight down, palms upwards. They then bounce up and down on the spot flicking their hands up at the wrist shouting "come on". Occassionally one group bounce towards the other who retreat, then bounce back towards the other who take their turn to retreat. All whilst waiting for the Police to turn up so they can run to the pub and discuss how they saw Millwall or whoever off. They dont like hand to hand preferring to throw things from a distance.

Not particularly terrifying.

Russian, Italian and Turkish football hooligans on the other hand.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
Seems to consist of standing rigid with legs straight, arms straight down, palms upwards. They then bounce up and down on the spot flicking their hands up at the wrist shouting "come on". Occassionally one group bounce towards the other who retreat, then bounce back towards the other who take their turn to retreat. All whilst waiting for the Police to turn up so they can run to the pub and discuss how they saw Millwall or whoever off. They dont like hand to hand preferring to throw things from a distance.

Those Lazio supporters are a bit of a handful, although the cops there dont do the gentle arrest that ours do
they wade in and batter them

It's known as pavement dancing.

Chemical warfare never stops being funny.
A bottle of mackerel oil from a fishing tackle shop can have similar effects. Lots of fun to be had with that as a motivational tool. It's rank and never goes away if it accidentally gets in a car.
That sounds like the voice of a malicious accident. Thanks for the tip.

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Hand out copies of these whenever you meet people there ,ask if you can lead them to Jesus it drives most types away.

1619950274634.png

Latest Threads