My flat is under siege by scum - what can I do?

No. I'm not going to get involved in fruitless arguments about who's a good immigrant and who's a bad one.
Well, in theory, if they're in the country through legal routes then they will have had to provide financial assurance throughout the visa and/or ILR application processes.

The only exemption to this would be approved asylum seekers.

If they're a net drain on the country then they're obviously a bad immigrant and not in the country's best interest.

I think immigration is absolutely necessary, but on sensible terms and properly managed and policed.

I've seen communities of ex-UK immigrants in other countries.

They associate together and ignore the locals.

They refuse to learn the local language.

They constantly complain that things aren't the same as they were 'back home'.

They assume that anything that's local is inferior.

They treat the locals like servants and then wonder why they're derided and laughed at.

They're just the same as immigrants to the UK.

This is obviously a sweeping generalisation but like all generalisations it contains a lot of truth.
Maybe apart from ex-pats in Dordogneshire. They:
Try to ignore any visiting Brits
Try to speak the language*
Constantly complain that if everything 'back home' was as good as France, they wouldn't have had to move here
Assume anything French is automatically superior
But there again they do wonder why the locals are laughing at them

* I once had a conversation in Bordeaux with an ex-pat who insisted on speaking (really bad) French to me, even though I spoke English back to him. Eventually I asked him why the charade, nobody mistook him for a Frenchman. He replied "out of courtesy to the locals" - Even though none were around. I asked him when was the last time in England you saw two French guys talking to each other in English

Well, in theory, if they're in the country through legal routes then they will have had to provide financial assurance throughout the visa and/or ILR application processes.

The only exemption to this would be approved asylum seekers.

If they're a net drain on the country then they're obviously a bad immigrant and not in the country's best interest.

I think immigration is absolutely necessary, but on sensible terms and properly managed and policed.
Careful now with that sort of talk! The truth must never be spoken.
My direct experience but fairly narrow field view is that the uk/German migrants in france and Spain from my family inject a massive amount of cash into the local economies directly from UK /Germany pension funds. The UK French connection is fully lingual (as are the English /German Spanish) has a good job will be working and paying taxes in france for ANOTHER twenty years, and will retire there. Into the arms of her French partners family
Very very good immigrants a boon to the countries. M&S immigration if you will.

This is thread drift now and- it's my fault.
Apologies.

I've seen communities of ex-UK immigrants in other countries.

They associate together and ignore the locals.

They refuse to learn the local language.

They constantly complain that things aren't the same as they were 'back home'.

They assume that anything that's local is inferior.

They treat the locals like servants and then wonder why they're derided and laughed at.

They're just the same as immigrants to the UK.

This is obviously a sweeping generalisation but like all generalisations it contains a lot of truth.
So like most cities/towns in the UK where new people refuse to learn English

I became a citizen in the fastest time possible (3years) , my uk passport lasped many years ago, I am proud to be a Canadian and I feel that I have assimilated very well. I have visited the uk a few times and I thank god I don’t live there.
You don't like immigrants so you became an immig

Careful now with that sort of talk! The truth must never be spoken.
My direct experience but fairly narrow field view is that the uk/German migrants in france and Spain from my family inject a massive amount of cash into the local economies directly from UK /Germany pension funds. The UK French connection is fully lingual (as are the English /German Spanish) has a good job will be working and paying taxes in france for ANOTHER twenty years, and will retire there. Into the arms of her French partners family
Very very good immigrants a boon to the countries. M&S immigration if you will.
I agree there are immigrants that come into and embrace a country thankful to be accepted as a citizen, unfortunately there is an element that give all immigrants a bad name

BaldBaBoon

War Hero
Stood outside my place doing some work on the car.
3 people appear at the entrance to the alleyway.

Money changes hands (£20) and rough looking bloke goes to property just down the round.

Didn't see what he emerged with.
I have clocked him with before as wrong un. Always out and about on his bike, going into that address and then disappearing off to somewhere else.

Will the police be interested in this?
It is blatant to me, but just hear say, and I have no evidence. Just my word.

Seems to me there is two problems - the alleyway is being used for drug dealing - probably marijuana
The bushes and parking area close to it - class A drug dealing and drug use
Yes, they will be interested.

I would not expect an immediate battering ram surprise entrance to that house on this information alone, but it might just be the last little bit of INTEL required.

If you can contact your Safer Neighbourhood Team directly, they should be up on the website ( do take in account that they are likely on barebones numbers ) this is the kind of stuff that they like as they can actually do some proper bloody policing , any actions would need resourcing from other teams, hence the less than immediate response.

Do not make a habit of continually working on your car just to take notes because you will undoubtably be clocked by said wrong un' at some point.

If you can keep an eye out from a secluded spot and not be at risk ( inside and away from window ? )and you note details such as how often, times, dates, any other persons nearby, vehicles ( even bike description is good ) regulars that turn up ( especially if kids....that ticks the vulnerable box ) , the fact you are seeing money changing hands even if you cannot see what for.....all good stuff.

If anything heard also...accents. Eastern European...English, local...Irish...

Hairy-boab

Clanker
* I once had a conversation in Bordeaux with an ex-pat who insisted on speaking (really bad) French to me, even though I spoke English back to him. Eventually I asked him why the charade, nobody mistook him for a Frenchman. He replied "out of courtesy to the locals" - Even though none were around. I asked him when was the last time in England you saw two French guys talking to each other in English

My Polish grandparents raised my mother entirely in English (in the USA). Back then it was accepted that you completely assimilated, even at home.

This is not a discussion about immigration.

Its about a bloke in a house / flat pissed off about druggies etc in the area.

I accept I'm part to blame, can we please get back on track now.

SmilingKnight

Old-Salt
A police officer was assaulted on Tuesday during the incident I spoke of.
Two drug dealers arrested, class A and B drugs as well as assaulting a policeman.

Mbongwe

Old-Salt
A police officer was assaulted on Tuesday during the incident I spoke of.
Two drug dealers arrested, class A and B drugs as well as assaulting a policeman.
Hopefully the troublemakers will cross this place off their list of meeting points as it's now too "hot". It must be like whack-a-mole for the police, chasing these people out of one part of town, then they pop up in another..

SmilingKnight

Old-Salt
Hopefully the troublemakers will cross this place off their list of meeting points as it's now too "hot". It must be like whack-a-mole for the police, chasing these people out of one part of town, then they pop up in another..

Plod are out in force in the local area today. Saw them searching a local down and out.
Cop cars all over the shop.

Funny how they find resources to do things when one of them gets clumped (tongue firmly in cheek)

Yes hopefully this means they've moved on and are unfortunately somebody else's problem now

Green_Homer

War Hero
Stood outside my place doing some work on the car.
3 people appear at the entrance to the alleyway.

Money changes hands (£20) and rough looking bloke goes to property just down the round.

Didn't see what he emerged with.
I have clocked him with before as wrong un. Always out and about on his bike, going into that address and then disappearing off to somewhere else.

Will the police be interested in this?
It is blatant to me, but just hear say, and I have no evidence. Just my word.

Seems to me there is two problems - the alleyway is being used for drug dealing - probably marijuana
The bushes and parking area close to it - class A drug dealing and drug use
I submitted plenty of intelligence reports both from my own first hand accounts and those given to me from members of the public etc.

99.99% of the time I would never hear back from the intelligence team but on a rare occasion I got an email out of the blue thanking me for a report. During a safeguarding visit, ironically for someone due to go to court for PWITs, (long story but his supplier threatening him) the source was quite happy to drop his former supplier in the poo with lots of juicy info as I was just a humble PCSO so 'harmless'..

I was able to gather a rough location for where the supplier was keeping his stuff, times he likely visited etc which were all unknown at the time. By coincidence I happened to see the supplier driving around this location when off duty so banged in another report.

I can't recall matey boys outcome but the supplier got about 14 years after getting caught a few months later. The delay was whilst the location was confirmed and to see what else they could find / firm up.

Often seemingly little tit bits of information can add up and could just be the missing bit of a puzzle.

Out of interest, what camera(s) do you use? I've recently moved back into film photography, both 35 mm and MF.
When I gave up photography in 1997 I used film, but when I restarted around 2012 it was to try digital.
Now I just use a Fuji X-100s, fits in my pocket. I wish I'd had digital in the 70s, 80s and 90s!

SmilingKnight

Old-Salt
I submitted plenty of intelligence reports both from my own first hand accounts and those given to me from members of the public etc.

99.99% of the time I would never hear back from the intelligence team but on a rare occasion I got an email out of the blue thanking me for a report. During a safeguarding visit, ironically for someone due to go to court for PWITs, (long story but his supplier threatening him) the source was quite happy to drop his former supplier in the poo with lots of juicy info as I was just a humble PCSO so 'harmless'..

I was able to gather a rough location for where the supplier was keeping his stuff, times he likely visited etc which were all unknown at the time. By coincidence I happened to see the supplier driving around this location when off duty so banged in another report.

I can't recall matey boys outcome but the supplier got about 14 years after getting caught a few months later. The delay was whilst the location was confirmed and to see what else they could find / firm up.

Often seemingly little tit bits of information can add up and could just be the missing bit of a puzzle.

Being a former J2 ninja I am well aware that little bits of info can build a bigger intelligence picture

What would be the most effective means to report this?

I'll see if i can track down a means to report directly to the neighbourhood police team

Latest Threads