My Fiancé is Pregnant

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by electrosignaller, Nov 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I have been in a long term relationship with my now fiancée and she is now 8 weeks pregnant which we are both over the moon about. However as we are not married and the tenancy on our flat is soon coming to an end I wanted to know if it is possible to get a quarter from the Army? Obviously right now my focus is on the baby and not getting married, it is very early in the pregnancy so anything could happen however with the tenancy up by end of December I need a solution?

    Just wondered if anyone new anything on this subject?
  2. F.F.L.....................
  3. Wouldn't worry sonny, it won't be yours!
  4. one of these:

    Attached Files:

  5. Is your name William Wales?
  6. I always wondered why they called them .......Married Quarters
  7. JSP 464 has the full details and Chapter 3 is all about eligibility - but I can summarise it - you are not entitled as you are not married or in a civil partnership.
  8. To the OP.

    Easiest way to get a MARRIED quarter (I have capitalised the important bit) is to get married. A quicky will do. Then you could have a big wedding/blessing later on. I understand this will prevent all manner of drama with the nipper later too, ie name changes, etc.

    Needs must and all that.

    For all other versions of living together, having kids, etc. you are not ENTITLED but you are allowed IF there are surplus quarters. I forget the word they use. But basically if you are married they have to come up with the goods, if you are not then it is up to the local agency and of course if they have the surplus.
  9. Just throw her down the stairs and do her mate in the wrong'un. You'll never regret it.

    Failing that, do one of the sensible suggestions above.
  10. B_AND_T

    B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

    Your not pinning it on me, I have enough problems with the CSA as it is.

    Oh and your not entitled!
  11. No-one has congratulated the OP for his truly eye-catching thread title. He's wasted in the army, he should write public safety notices.
  12. Public safety notices?

    A title implying that he was engaged to a pregnant man was what caught my attention.


    For those who can't be bothered to look at the link:

    Your fiance is the man you plan to marry; your fiancee (or fiancée) is the woman you plan to marry.
  13. If you were an unmarried servicewoman / mother no problem as you would goto MSCAT 2 and therefore entitled but as an unmarried serviceman / father then not entitled. However there are ways around the problem. I should know as an unmarried father myself.
  14. cheap Gin, hot bath and a coat hanger should do it.
  15. Try getting full custody of the child.

    You would then be classed as PStatCat 2 and entitled to a quarter.

    Employ your fiancee as your nanny.