my ear has popped!!

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by private---pile, Jun 30, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. got a call whilst on holiday to say my selection was on july 1st (tommorrow)

got back from holiday on friday and my left ear popped whilst landing and now i cant hear bugger all out of it!

will they let it slide as it is surely going to go?

2. You'll be fine happens to me everytime I fly returns to normal after a few hours or so, just explain the situation you should probably ring your careers office to get further advice.

3. but its been like it for a couple of days now normally happens to me could last up to 2 weeks!!

4. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Buy some EarCalm from the chemist - it is normally used for aggravated conditions and mild ear infections, but also works well at reducing any swelling caused by abnormal movement of the eardrum. (I am a Diving Instructor).

5. this is getting more odd! my ear feels blocked but i just put earphones in to test if i hear less in my left than my right but it seems the same

why does it feel blocked?

6. FFS don't do anything stupid like stick a cotton bud into your ear. Go and see a doctor; if you're worried about your medical records then don't use your GP; go to A&E. They can have a look, and tell you if your eardrum is alright, and what might be wrong.
    The ear is a very delicate organ; get it seen to, otherwise you're risking semi-permanent deafness and an H8 PULHEEMS rating.

7. Knitting needle Knitting needle!!!!

Only joking

Buy yourself some over the counter decongestants from Boots, have a word with the pharmacist he'll point you in the right direction

May help, if not see your doc, he'll have a look and probably send you packing with the same if there is nothing terrible occurring on examination

8. Get one of these and clear it yourself, job done.

[​IMG]