My dilemma!

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by AndyWD, Nov 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi i left the army in august which was the dumbest thing i have ever done in my entire life, i soon realised after 2 weeks of being a civvy that i had made that mistake so i went down to my local careers office to enquire about rejoining, i didnt want to go back to my old infantry reg, so i chose AGC i was told i didnt have to do any tests because i was in my cool down period if i wanted to rejoini could, but six weeks came and i was told rejected due to career profile, so i told them i wanted to go royal artillery, it has now been another six weeks, and nothing has came through yet, i am now stuck with no money living with my parents with a shitty part time job and a child in inverness, i am getting sick of waiting around i am keen to establish my career again but im being bounced from pillar to pillar.

2. May sound daft but if you ring JPAC at Glasgow and say that you want to re-enlist into the colours they may offer you some advice or assistance to fast-track you back in.

Have you thought about other arms? ie Higher payband REME VM or the like, just that AGC are lower band for example?

3. JPAC dont deal with that, also i dont have the quals for vm or any reme role.

4. yeah not that's what i call a dilemma all i can say is wait it out and see i'm sure you will most likely re-enlist.

5. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Until you know what you're talking about, keep your 'advice' to yourself.

6. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Would you not be better going back to your old unit ?
    Then you could re badge after a while
    Surely your old unit is better than your situation now?

7. it's not advice it's his only option unless of course he just buys a pair of green combats and marches straight into his closest army barracks.

8. What do you have against your old unit?

9. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Hence the reason why I put what are known as sneer apostrophes in the philosophical world around the word advice. I won't tell you again, stay out of threads that you know nothing about.

10. Nice cover yer own arrse by just telling me to keep out threads when you sir fcuked up. How mature of you big man.

11. See ya mate :wink:

12. Well i have enquired and i am not eligible to rejoin my old unit until February, but they did say i am eligable for a £6000 rejoin bonus, but im still awaiting word from the RA, i feel as though the careers office are not interested and i think they are having me on, well thats what my parents think too, but its sounds silly why would they

13. Nothing i just wanted to try a new trade and get some education and career prospects from it, i was Royal Irish Regiment, the learning centre was only open for 2 - 3 hours on set days but never at night when i had the opportunity my command structure wouldnt allow for free time during the day.