My dad was poorer than your dad.

I remember the days when we got free milk in school. These were also the days when i would que up for my "your family are shit at life" free dinner token worth £1.20. I would sell the token for £1 which bought me 4 fags (cigarettes if you're american).

One christmas I recieved a second hand game of connect 4 which was selotaped. I fucking loved it.

Anyway this week i bought my 2 Padbrats a playstation each (so I have something to take off them when they piss me off) and it struck me how I spoil them and how much they need punching.

Get your horror stories out and tell me how poor you were (or rich for you RAF chappies) as a kid.

You were lucky .....

We woz so poor as kids the only hot meal we ever had was a bowl of steam and the only iron in our diet was used brillo pad sandwiches.

We woz so poor as kids the only hot meal we ever had was a bowl of steam and the only iron in our diet was used brillo pad sandwiches.
Bowls ! BOWLS !!! Bloody toff

I was a child in the fifties Times were hard,I can still remember my father bitching about having to pay £1 for his four gallons of petrol, and christmasses were tight...I only got the top of the range Meccano set, playstations indeed! ..and I got a cowboy outfit...so there.
But seriously it was a degrading time for anyone on school-dinners then as there was a stigma attached to it.

A childhood? You lucky barstewards... we were that poor when we were born we went straight down pit.

[video=youtube;Xe1a1wHxTyo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo[/video]

cent05zr70

On ROPS
On ROPs
I used to dream off steam. We had drainwater & used Scotchbrite. We dreamt of Iron you rich fucker. We all had polio & rickets as childer.
You could afford DREAMS! You had DRAINS! Dunno what the Scot stuff is. We stopped playing polio when we had to eat the 'orse, and we couldn't play rickets cos there wasn't a chain of flat ground for miles around. Posh git!

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
we were so poor when i was a kid we had to wank the dog to feed the cat!
Posh cunt! We couldn't afford a dog so I had to wank my Dad off.

Hang about.........We didn't have a cat either.

Dirty peado bastard.

I remember the days when we got free milk in school. These were also the days when i would que up for my "your family are shit at life" free dinner token worth £1.20. I would sell the token for £1 which bought me 4 fags (cigarettes if you're american).

One christmas I recieved a second hand game of connect 4 which was selotaped. I fucking loved it.

Anyway this week i bought my 2 Padbrats a playstation each (so I have something to take off them when they piss me off) and it struck me how I spoil them and how much they need punching.

Get your horror stories out and tell me how poor you were (or rich for you RAF chappies) as a kid.
So, you're a youngster then? Free milk was great especially if you were a milk monitor. You could leave the crate on the radiator all morning and stand back when the other kids puked up.
Queue up separately when the "free meal" tokens were handed out. Made me fell really rich when I joined the queue to pay the shilling.
4 fags for a quid? Threepence each at our local newsagent.
Dad always threatened us with a blood orange and a peanut as our Christmas present. Always managed to get a turkey, though. Bit of a twat using the loo on Boxing Day as we had to use Christmas Eve's newspapers as bog-roll and hated the supplements (bloody staples!). Not as bad as later in January, though, when you had to shovel your way to the outside lavvy through the snow.
Also hated Christmas cos we always had visitors. Dragging the tin bath out and being last in the queue for the water made me muckier than when I went in.

We woz that poor when I complained to me mam that me plate woz damp she said that woz me soop

My dad had a robin reliant 3 wheeled piece of shit. used to get upside down every weekend. him and the car.