My CZ is on its way back.

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by ugly, May 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Last year I was lucky enough to get a CZ527 carbine in 7.62 x 39 and a nice leupold 1.5-5 x 20 illuminted reticule short scope for stalking. The plod took a little persuasion but as it is so light I can heft it about like a little M1 carbine and concentrate on the client and his deer.
    All went well. I developed a handload for it using 26.7 grains of Vit N120 gets me 1750 ft lbs of energy which is enough for a 125 grain .311 bullet to comply with the deer act.
    I hadnt yet taken a deer with this in fact I had taken a couple of clients out and zeroed my own but got no further.
    I came back from one outing to find the stock was cracked;
    Youngest Ugly on a trip to the farm for some fun before the scope arrived.

Now not that I was particularly impressed with the stock splitting but the UK importers wanted me to pay shipping. I stood my ground and a replacement stock has been fitted and I should be able to collect from my nearest RFD on Monday which gives me till wednesday to zero as I'm taking a client roe buck stalking that evening.
    The woodwork is warrantied for 2 years and the metal for something like 5 years. I am glad that they have managed to get this sorted before the season ends as I need some extra bambi burgers and I want so much to use that carbine as I have taken deer with all of my others. Its such a neat little woodland tool.
  2. Glad to hear you got it sorted.

Don't suppose you've got a box of P'17 (US model of 1917) extractors lying around looking for a home? Mine's developed a crack with people forcing it to pop over the rim of the round. It really needs all the magazine parts and a new striker too but an extractor would be a start!
  3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Try 4T or I got my last extractor from Fultons, yes I know but it broke on Sht Siberia and I still had ammo left. I need a new ejector for my 7.62 converted P14 a standard one should do. Sounds like an order to Numrich!
  4. I can make you an ejector at a push. Is it the same as a M'17 one?
    Agreed about Fultons. If 4(T) doesn't have one I could try AJP.
  5. What area is that F? In background to pic.

If you dont mind me asking.
  6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

its the land that my syndicate rents annually. I can take the dogs and guns there for training and we have a clay shoot or two before the season starts!
    I did a little field firing course a couple of years ago RCGJ took part and he seemed happy enough!
    Oh and forgot to add about 11 miles from my gaffe in East Sussex!
  7. Glad you got it all sorted out, ugly. And good luck with the season ahead, and those bambiburgers.

P17 extractors - indeed, virtually all small parts - can usually be sourced via Brownell's in the US, who have never failed me yet, despite some very quaint requests.

If they haven't got it, they usually know who has.

Theyre at :
  8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Cheers Caubeen, I am chomping at the bit to get this rifle back. Ex Stab try brownells.
  9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Its back, I collected on the way to taking a client stalking last night. I'll fit the scope and re zero in the morning on the farm. Not a bad evening and the Doc and I enjoyed 3 hours armed rambling even if the only dear was saw was a Doe at the start of the stalk. It was a georgeous red coloured Roe, almost ginger without a hint of p1ss and twiglets.
  10. I'm just about to take delivery of a new CZ 452 17HMR - anyone got any comments on them. I've most of the reviews about them but they are all from civvies so a squaddies view would be appreciated
  11. hands up......ya got me..
  12. So ugly, have you managed to put any rounds through it yet?
  13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I tested it and rezeroed, I took it out with me for an armed ramble when baiting for boar on wednesday evening and stalking this morning. It left us with one seriously fecked up fox!
  14. Good,one more Charlie down, still many more to go.
  15. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

At 0330 this morning as I was loading my car a scabby mangy chav of a town fox walked past me. This is the little sh1t that causes my dogs to kick off at god knows oclock and leaves me with no sleep and the desire to kill. On moving into my suburban abode I removed 10 of these from my front lawn. 5 per year and I thought they had worked out that Cul de sac is a "Dead End"
    Ambush tonight.
    As I sit in my office planning death and pestilence upon Charlie I look over the dead Magpie in the back garden that I shot yesterday. I can hear his family calling but none of them are brave enough to try and check him out yet. More to deal with!
    Oh and by the way the fox that we gutted this morning with centre fire rifles was a decent and clean young dog fox. Didnt do him any good when I ventilated him!