My complaint

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Pashtun, May 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well basically, I dont want to sound like a moaner, but I recently clicked on the Live chat room where you speak to a person from the Army about application etc.

I was asked if I am a British Citizen, I replied yes, I am a British Citizen by Descent as my father is British and hes a Doctor. He responded and said, your not a British Citizen, Ive lived here for 22 years, and I am told that I am not a British citizen, I was very insulted.

Basically, I want to become a Military Police Officer, My origins are from Afghanistan, and I would love to assist the Police there and contribute to both country and Afghanistan and offer my services and duty.

I have always liked the Military, I think its very honourable to do duty for country, the same country that has given me and others so much.

But that really put me off. However, what do you guys think, and what are your experiences within the Army.

Thanks

2. don't normally post here but do you have a british passport?

• Like Like x 1
  3. I came here when I was two years old and Yes I do have a British Passport. I was born in 86. I think the descent law was introduced in 83. I have lived in the UK for 22 years.

Thanks for responding.

4. Get down to your local ACIO.

5. someone who actully knows what they're talking about will be along soon but if you have a brit passport not sure what the issue is

• Like Like x 1
  6. Or your local radical led mosque. With face fungus like your avatar I know another 'army' that'll gladly snap you up.

• Like Like x 1
  7. From what I understand they've recently had an opening for a new head-of-shed.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Where were you born and was your father British by descent?

If I understand it correctly if your Father was British by descent and you were born outside the UK then you are not automatically a British citizen.

You may need to look further into this.

9. You seem to be complicating issues here...

If you have a British passport then your a British Citizen and should be able to start an application.

If you have residency in this country then you should be eligable to look at going RMP aslong as you havent had any Spent or UNSPENT convictions.

Also if you have over ten years residency as you say and have C grades English Language and maths and speak languages then theres also the intelligence corp

You need to go in person with your passport to an ACIO and speak with to a Recruiter in person so they can judge if your suitable and let you know of the process.

10. Why the mosque jokes guys? I am an Athiest anyway. Plus I am sure the West has spent more time attending the Radical Mosque for recruits when they started messing Afghanistan up from the start. Do you remember?

I was born in Afghanistan and according to the law of descent, if your father is a Natrualised British Citizen and your born, that makes you a British Citizen by descent.

Yeah I think I should attend my Local Army careers office, but guys why are you being so threatening, and why are you assuming I am some dodgy character by saying "I know another 'army' that'll gladly snap you up."

Which Army may that be? The BNP? The EDL?

11. I am 24 years old, I came to the UK when I was two years old.

12. jarrod might be willing to help

• Like Like x 1
  13. The Jihad army you precious cunt.

14. It's called Banter. And if you want to be in the Army you'd better get used to it!

We had one guy on our course who was something like half Pakistani and half Iranian. The OC referred to him as "the axis of evil"!

• Like Like x 2
  15. Journo?
    (ten bloody words cocksnackers)