My Cock is Upsetting Local Women

I have a trio of rare breed chickens , the cockerel has just matured and calls reveille around 0500hrs , its been noted on Faceache by a couple of local women , do they have any legal right to have my rooster silenced ?

ACAB

LE
Try raising his perch (nearer the roof of the hen house). If he can't stretch his neck it will shut him up

Not heard that one , trouble is they have an enclosed run so I don't lock them up at night , guess I may have to.

L

lumpy2

Ask them to come around and stroke your cock and get to know it better.

Damn. It's not the NAAFI.

Better still, the OP could have avoided any difficulties, by pre-emptively introducing his cock to his lady neighbours and pointing out that his cock was an early riser. I'm sure they would then look more favourably on his cock and peace and harmony would be restored.

ACAB

LE
My next door neighbour keeps chickens and had the street up in arms after just what you described. That is how they solved the problem. The chucks still give it a bit during the day but it becomes background noise over a short period of time and you don't notice them. And we get free eggs.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Roosta! It's called a "Roosta" for the Septics. God, or Allah (peace be upon both of the gobshites) forbids any such mention on the site. Although where the Septics get "roosta" from is swathed in mystery.

MsG

ACAB

LE
Roosta! It's called a "Roosta" for the Septics. God, or Allah (peace be upon both of the gobshites) forbids any such mention on the site. Although where the Septics get "roosta" from is swathed in mystery.

MsG
Afternoon. You been drinking again?

Amendment No 1

Afternoon. You stoned again?

Last edited:

The_Snail

ADC
RIP

MsG

@Egg Banjo - Mine.

CQMS

LE
DSC04975.jpg

Job jobbed.

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
Afternoon. You been drinking again?
Evening ACAB! You might have gathered from my previous posts that I don't drink. In fact, I've always been teetotal. although I don't deny a certain draw to other "drugs" on the market.

MsG

ACAB

LE
Evening ACAB! You might have gathered from my previous posts that I don't drink. In fact, I've always been teetotal. although I don't deny a certain draw to other "drugs" on the market.

MsG
Duly amended.

I have a trio of rare breed chickens , the cockerel has just matured and calls reveille around 0500hrs , its been noted on Faceache by a couple of local women , do they have any legal right to have my rooster silenced ?

When I read the thread title, I thought you were one of the Libyan 'Soldiers' from Bassingbourne come to join arrse. (again) ;)

MsG

No it isn't. The word is Rooster, you Miserable Smackhead Gobshite.

What breed? About 4-5 months old? Is he to breed, or will you be considering turning him into a capon once he's had a chance to develop further, if his appearance is impotant as an ornamental breed?

Ritch

LE

MsG

Er... What?

Apparently, they do:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-29625866
Don't know how this ended up, its possibly on Google.

I think it was this case where the planners said they were obliged to act on a complaint. So one complaint from a townie who has just moved to the village and that's it. End of cockerel.

Last edited:

Latest Threads