My brother needs help

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by frisp, Jul 12, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Just had an email from my Brother, he's an ex Medic and FI War vet. He's living in the highlands of Scotland.

    He's been on Benefits for many years and the Agency has stopped them for reasons I don't know yet. He's appealing and asked for a hardship loan, however these take 14 days to process, in mean time he's no cash. No cash means no food or leccie

    Any ideas how he can get some money for food and electricity til he can sort out the twats in the agency.
  2. Sorry to hear about your brother, but is there a reason that he's been on benefits for so long?
  3. Track down your local Army Benevolent Fund Rep:

    ABF The Soldiers’ Charity
    The Castle
    Edinburgh EH1 2YT

    Major Roy Robertson

    Major Charles Dunphie
    Assistant Director

    Cathie Davies

    T: 0131 310 5132
    Temp: 0131 310 5116
    F: 0131 220 1850
    Mil: (9) 4740 5132

    They may be able to help cut through the BS and get results a wee bit quicker.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. SSAFA or Royal British Legion welfare officer, they won't pay his bills, but will make sure he has food and electric / gas and if he needs help and is willing to accept it get the right people involved. SSAFA telephone Tel: 0845 1300 975 Royal British Legion 08457 725 725 (their lines are open until 4pm Monday - Friday).

    Hope he gets his problem solved.

    • Like Like x 1
  5. Had a bad time readjusting after FI and GW 1 went and looked after my dad till he died a few years ago, is battling to get his quals back so he can get on with the rest of his life.

    These things take time the professional body responsible for admitting him is doing a lot of due diligence even then he's got to get a job in Inverness. All in all not having a great time with bureaucracy and then they take his only means of feeding himself.
  6. Fang_Farrier

    Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

    Have had a case recently where a guy lost wallet, his girlfriend went to their local Police Satation, handed over some money. He went to Police station where he was and picked up cash.
    Could be a way for you to get some to him quickly, if that's what you mean.
  7. His Corps/Regimental Association may be able to help.
  8. If he his short on food you could see if Tesco/Asda etc deliver in his area. If they do you could get him a weeks shopping delivered.
    • Like Like x 1