• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

My boyfriend the war hero - 02/12/10 BBC 3

I came across this on the British Army Facebook page just before - BBC - BBC Three Programmes - My Boyfriend the War Hero

After reading into it on a newspapers website (I forgot which one, sorry) It seems they have split up.

An increadibly tough life for a young couple to go through, I wish them all the best in the future.

It is airing tonight at 9pm on BBC 3 and I really hope my mother and girlfriend do not watch it.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
I was just about to post this - Bless the 17 yr old teenage girl for having the balls to do what she is doing, i hope it will work out for them both.
I do wonder why they bought a house with stairs in though, a bingalow would be more practical?

As for none of her friends turning up for their engagement party? Bunch of c**ts.

S

Snoreador

Says here she is his carer
Unfortunately, it's all written in past tense, and the last paragraph states that they have since broken up. What that means in terms of who's now being the carer, I don't know. The engagement party thing is horrible, but I can understand why. A friend of mine has an amputated leg (rather less severe than a triple amputee!), and gets the stares, looks, and whatever when we're out and about. The best is when you get kids, with their glorious lack of inhibition, coming up and actually asking what happened. The parents are generally shocked, but of course it's a great opportunity to show these kids that having an amputation doesn't make one a monster.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Unfortunately, it's all written in past tense, and the last paragraph states that they have since broken up. What that means in terms of who's now being the carer, I don't know. The engagement party thing is horrible, but I can understand why. A friend of mine has an amputated leg (rather less severe than a triple amputee!), and gets the stares, looks, and whatever when we're out and about. The best is when you get kids, with their glorious lack of inhibition, coming up and actually asking what happened. The parents are generally shocked, but of course it's a great opportunity to show these kids that having an amputation doesn't make one a monster.
Bugger missed that bit. Oh well, back to crushing cynicism.

So far a good programme, presented in a 'yoof' style, as would fit their ages.

If this raises the profile of wounded blokes and their carers, good drills.

(She also has massive cans (.)(.))

Should the MOD/goverment not create a village or community for injured Troops to keep them around people who know what they're going through and support each other?

S

Snoreador

This is something I noted from the program - how much the connection to the local community means. I've been a bit nomadic, so really don't have that kind of connection, but I'm guessing (and fully happy to be put right!) that a lot of people are in a similar situation to Craig in terms of community connections.

Latest Threads