My Book

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by CQMS, Jul 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've started to write down a few musings, I'm not a writer but do you think it's worth the effort?
  2. Whats the Synopsis?

Or like me, are you bored?
  3. It's a page turner so far.
    Slight probs with the protagonist, his lifestyle (smoking, drinking, mysogynistic attitudes, racism etc.) also his habit of filling in anyone who disagrees with him has left a body count of 52 so far.
    When will page 2 be ready for reading?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. It's autobiographical as it were,

This is the first paragraph.

I'm a Londoner, born with the dulcet tones of the bells of St Mary-le-Bow church ringing in my ears or they would have been if they hadn't been destroyed by Hitlers quest to kill my mum (more later) which makes me … a Cockney.
  5. A simple yes would have sufficed!
  6. What do you plan to do with it when finished?
  7. You're Arthur English from 'Are you being served' when do I get my fiver?
  8. Well I thought that enough could be sold as fuel to ward off starvation.

Here's part two

The man most responsible for me being the man I am today is ironically Adolf Hitler and his quest to kill my mum (more later). Cast your mind back to 1939, storm clouds gather over Europe and the British Government worried about Hitlers quest to kill my mum (more later) decide that she would be better off in the countryside and so it was that a lonely frightened five year old girl found herself on the train to the west country.
  9. Fixed it!
  10. It gets better but not much.
  11. " a lonely five year old girl on a train......". Do go on. I'm starting to be interested. If you find a way to merge a Stumpy story into it, I'll paypal you in advance.
  12. I have had a few half-arsed attempts at writing and abandoned them all.

Would recommend this: Politics and the English Language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  13. Is it about you and Maddie?.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Can you just clarify whether Hitler destroyed the bells or your ears?