• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

"My barrel will glow with righteousness...."

Attachments

Maalox said:

In the unikely event of this upcoming battle
How do you work out that this is unlikely to happen? Do you think that it's all a big wind up then? :roll:

Maalox said:
being as intense as they expect, then in continuous & pauseles firefights when Enfield's barrels, firing pins and chambers glow not cherry red, but white hot, then this SA80 reliability claim will be put to the test!
That's right, because it's never been used out there before for sustainded periods has it? Never tested extensively before this version was issued?

Are you on the Afghan export powder or were you just at the back of the queue when intellect was being handed out?

Why? It's a decent design and can be reversed to sit at proper eye relief on the LMG

You've had problems with yours whilst on ops have you?

I am sure (hope) it is all part of the masterplan, but, I was surprised to find the media posting details of op Moshtarak including some maps(albeit generalised)

When the media got wind of the plan to take Goose Green and printed details it was tantamount to treason.

two deaths sadly reported today, though the media gleefully compared that with the number of service men killed in 1982.

What will they make comparisons with next? Are there researchers checking out the numbers of casualties in previous wars / battles?

I hate how the amount of deaths is treated like a cricket innings.

Disgustingly morbid. Why do we need to know the exact number of deaths? How is it relevant and why does it need to keep being repated?

When one thinks of the bomb casualties the Americans, French and British suffered in Lebanon 1983, our boys were lucky to get out without even a single stubbed toe!

loaded_not_ready said:
Badgertastic said:
Travis_Bickle said:
Badgertastic said:
Maalox is a journo... and a very unsubtle one at that:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/Forums/viewtopic/t=142937.html
Maalox? Who is this maalox? Have they changed their name from Bollox then? I thought that was the name of the original poster :?
Nope, definitely Maalox... he just talks Bollox 8O
He is a fecking wind up merchant.
That was my other thought - given that he seems unable to post anything apart from inane drivel unrelated to anything else in the thread that he started, not even his own posts.

Unless, of course, he's been drinking meths.

Given that the US Marines suffered 290 killed, the French 100 and the Israelis 70 killed all on one day, and that the armour on the Ferrets of that era could barely stop a Kalshnikov round, I'd say the Queen's led a charmed life, Lebanon being a locale where usually everyone gets it!

Maalox said:
The A2 is claimed to be the most reliable bullpup.

Nobody serving has called it a bullpup since 1985. It's not brilliant but providing the blokes oil it and clean it properly it will serve you well, like any other weapon across the world.
Why are you starting threads doubting the IW in combat when it has been proved reliable since it's A2 upgrade and used on Telic/ Herrick?

Latest Threads