My 'Baby' is finally off ... cheers! (um - I mean 'sob, sob')

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by InquiringMind, Nov 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well he's off in March to Pirbright. Got the kit list & have a (stupid?) question: 20 hangars (as opposed to hangers to put clothes on! - really, don't they teach spelling in school nowadays!)

What sort? Presumably wooden, but do you need trouser hangers too, or just ones with a bar for folding trousers over?

Anything else 'useful' he should take, apart from presumably a very good sense of humour, which he has already got, cos he has after all joined up, hasn't he?
  3. 'Folding' trousers is a no-no! He will require the gentleman's style of hanger which 'clamps' the trouser at the hem.

His ironing, no matter how much you coach him, will never be good enough ;)

Good luck to your Son,
  4. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Good luck to him.

Budget cuts mean the MOD is trying to get freebies. Just send 5 hangars if that's all you can afford. Just be grateful he didn't join the Royal Navy.
  5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I would suggest the Corby 3300 Trouser Press.

Corby 3300.jpg

Yes, there will be those who say the Corby 7700 has more features and is a superior trouser press and they would be right. But one must consider the power-to-weight ratio and the fact that the Trouser Press must be air-mobile in theater.

So, the Corby 3300 Trouser Press it is.

Since we are chatting, what was going through your head when you decided to register on the ARRSE as "InquiringMind"?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Unicorns and fluffy ickle Kittens
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Steer clear of those horrible wire hangers.
  8. It's November, so he's not off anywahere is he?
  9. TheIronDuke

Hmm. I'll see your Unicorns and fluffy ickle Kittens and raise you The Electric Six. I think you are bluffing son.

10. Don't do this, they are useless. Far better to send him out to do all the running around in the cold stuff whilst you concentrate on your creases.
  11. TheIronDuke

Creases do not win wars. I found it best to hang my clothes on any old rusty nail then focus my attention upon trying to improve the minds of my subordinates. Many of them went on to become important people like shop assistants. One of them works in the fresh fruit section of Tesco and recently got Employee of the Month at Tesco Droitwich.

Ivan Dobsky the Meat Safe Murderer was a mistake I admit. But one learns from ones mistakes and moves on.
    • Like Like x 1

12. Hang on, I thought that they could get a grant from DHSS for hangers these days?
  13. Its Hangars he needs so the grant comes in the form of a bung from BAe, which in turn is repaid by the taxpayer at quadruple the actual cost.
  14. Ahh Hangars, of course! Fitted for but without ... no doubt.
  15. They wont be fitted for anything, they'll be built BUT then bulldozed at great cost to the taxpayer to save some money