My Army Reserves Application Rejected

MrRoberts92

Swinger
Hi guys, I recently submitted an application online to join the Army Reserves but it was rejected because I was discharged from basic training at ITC Catterick on week 22, I was given a UFAS Discharge from training, reason being was because I was not happy being in the Regiment I was in and wanted to join another Regiment to learn a trade, but because I was near the end of training I was told the only way I could get out of training that far in was to be given a UFAS Discharge and re apply to join, I was told by the Welfare Officer at ITC Catterick that I would be able to apply for the Reserves but I received an email on Monday saying that my Application was rejected because of my type of discharge and said that I should make an appeal towards my application to join the Army reserves, I was given an address to write a letter to but it's the address you appeal for medical reasons etc, any help would be much appreciated .

You've been told what to do; do it.

It also depends on what discharge code were discharged under, your AFCO office you applied through should have a copy of you discharge and anytime bar for re-enlistment etc.

STILTS

sup rec

LE
Book Reviewer
It also depends on what discharge code were discharged under, your AFCO office you applied through should have a copy of you discharge and anytime bar for re-enlistment etc.STILTS
Not anymore. All old docs destroyed as all applications through NRC. No records of any applications held in the offices anymore.

Not anymore. All old docs destroyed as all applications through NRC. No records of any applications held in the offices anymore.[/QUOT

Oh well every day's a school day, and all that!!

STILTS

Cromlech

Old-Salt
Not anymore. All old docs destroyed as all applications through NRC. No records of any applications held in the offices anymore.
When I went for my interview for reserves a few months ago they had my application and discharge info on file from when I applied for regulars in 2007. Maybe it's different in N.I.

Going around in a circle here with this guy! see post 3 above.

MrRoberts92

Swinger
A fella I knew in the platoon above of mine was discharged for the same reason as me and he's starting again at ITC on the 2nd March so if he's allowed back in then I'm sure I'm able to join the Reserves, there just looking at my discharge paperwork and seeing UFAS and think I got that type of discharge for sleeping with the RSM's daughter or something daft when in fact I had chosen to have a UFAS discharge, my father is in the Armed forces himself and has seen people get back in after assaulting a NCO during basic

ECE-Tech

War Hero
Been out for a while so probably not up to date with the abbreviations being used nowadays.
However I thought UFAS stood for Unfit For Army Service.

Latest Threads